Subject: IPP> I-D ACTION:draft-iesg-rfc-checklist-00.txt

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:52:29 PDT

This document might be of special interst to the editors, but also for
anybody else crafting texts for inclusion in our drafts.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno>To: IETF-Announce:;
>Cc: [email-masked]
>From: [email-masked]
>Reply-to: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iesg-rfc-checklist-00.txt
>Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 07:13:13 PDT
>Sender: [email-masked]
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
>This draft is a work item of the IETF Steering Group Working Group of the
IETF.
>
>	Title		: (DRAFT) Checklist for RFC Authors
>	Author(s)	: K. Moore
>	Filename	: draft-iesg-rfc-checklist-00.txt
>	Pages		: 6
>	Date		: 24-Apr-98
>	
>This is a list of things that often delay processing of RFCs by
>IESG and/or the RFC Editor, and which are often preventable by RFC
>authors.  The purpose of this document is to list in one place the most
>frequent causes of unnecessary delay, and thereby help RFC authors 
>minimize such delays when possible.
> 
>This document is emphatically NOT an expression of IESG policy, 
>nor that of the RFC Editor, and is provided merely for informational 
>purposes.  When appropriate, this document attempts to provide 
>references to other documents, some of which are expressions of 
>IESG, IETF, and/or RFC Editor policy and others which are merely 
>informational.  Readers are advised to check the official status 
>of each reference.
> 
>The RFC Editor's instructions to RFC Authors are 
>in [rfc-instructions].
>
>Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	"get draft-iesg-rfc-checklist-00.txt".
>A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iesg-rfc-checklist-00.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts directories are located at:
>
>	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
>	
>	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
>		ftp.nis.garr.it
>			
>	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
>	
>	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
>	
>	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.
>
>Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
>	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iesg-rfc-checklist-00.txt".
>	
>NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>	how to manipulate these messages.
>		
>		
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iesg-rfc-checklist-00.txt>
>
Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]