This meeting was announced and chaired by Jeremy Leber.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) Action Item Review (3) Joint PWG/OP Virtual F2F 17-19 May 2022 - agenda/status (All) (4) PWG Website update for Security and Privacy - status (Mike) (5) PWG Hosting Organization - update on LF/JDF (Ira) (6) IEEE-ISTO Call in March 2022 - summary (Jeremy) (7) PWG 2022 Member Dues - status (Jeremy, Smith) (8) PWG Communications challenges - status (All) (9) PWG 3D / IPP article development - status (All) (10) PWG Process 4.0 and Policies - status (All) (11) OpenPrinting News/GSoC - update (Ira) (12) PWG 3D PR Opportunities 2022 - update (Paul) (13) Next SC meetings
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (7 March 2022) - Approved as posted
CLEANUP: 03/07/22 - Ira closed numerous obsolete previous action items from 2019 through 2021 - now deleted from Previous Action Items in these SC minutes of 4 April 2022 ACTION: 03/07/22 - Smith to make event page and share link with Ira / Till to get OP approval / feedback - CLOSED ACTION: 01/24/22 - Smith to contact Mike Rhines about renewing PWG / Mopria liaison agreement - IN PROGRESS ACTION: 01/24/22 - Smith to contact 3MF Consortium about renewing PWG / 3MF Consortium liaison agreement - IN PROGRESS
- Discussion - Need to add additional presentations to agenda on Wednesday 18 May 2022 - 2:45-3:00: IPP 3D Intro - 3:00-3:30: Arlington PDF Model (PDF Association) - 3:30-4:00: Rendering 3D content into 2D Graphics Contexts (Elysium) - DONEACTION: 04/04/22 - Jeremy to update the meetings page with link to Joint PWG/OP Virtual F2F May 2022 page and announce the event
- Discussion - Not covered - Mike wasn't notified that we might be meeting (and he's busy with other stuff)
- Discussion - Update provided last week during SC Tiger Team call - LF/JDF isn't viable for PWG because of impedance mismatch between our organizations' requirements - Standards Hub is a better option for the PWG - Using a Standards Hub "Series LLC" that hopefully will be in place this summer - Will provide much better value for the PWG - Ira to continue engaging with Seth Newberry to keep pushing this forward
- Discussion - Two weeks ago - IEEE-ISTO Changing leadership - Marco is leaving - Adam Newman isreplacing Marco - Mentioned that our PWG liaison person to IEEE-ISTO is Don Wright - Also gave us a presentation on the value proposition provided by ISTO - Jeremy mentioned our ongoing billing problems
- Discussion - CONSENSUS - PWG will not enforce the "good standing" issue for the next several months - Ongoing billing problems could be due to coordination issues or communications problemsACTION: 04/04/22 - Smith / Jeremy to reach out to the PWG member contacts and check on their dues status and confirm they are still the right contacts to be listed in the PWG scorecard
- Discussion - Lexmark problems still going on - Jeremy has workarounds in place - Ira *is* getting everything now via Gmail - Bill *is* now also getting everything, after changing his email provider
- Discussion - Paul's next task - Paul last week discussed a long list of backlog items - Bandwidth to engage further next week most likely (not this week) - Defer IPP 3D artcile review to SC Tiger Team call on 25 April 2022
- Discussion - Drafts are still there - no recent progress - Gaps are in the area of voting in person / motions / etc. - Do we purge this stuff? Do we need it? - Let's just throw out what we haven't been using - Approve just what we know we have been using in recent years! - If we need to add stuff back in (as a policy doc most likely), then we do that on an as-needed basis - But let's stop trying to boil the ocean...
- Discussion - See OP Monthly Steering Committee minutes link from 03/15/22 (Ira) - See OP Monthly news links from 02/14/22 and 03/18/22 (Till) - See GSoC 2022 timeline link above - LF approved as mentoring organization on 03/07/22 - GSoC contributor applications started on 04/04/22 - See OP CUPS v2.4.1 release notes link from 01/27/22 (Zdenek Dohnal, RedHat) - See CUPS Filters v1.28.13 and v1.28.14 release notes links from 03/27/22, 04/04/22 (Till) - See PAPPL v1.1.0 release notes link from 12/15/21 (Mike) - See PDFio v1.0.0 release notes link from 12/14/21 (Mike) - Simple C library for reading and writing any version of PDF files - See LPrint v1.1.0 release notes link from 12/23/21 (Mike) - Switched to using PAPPL! - OP Steering Committee - OP monthly calls 01/04/22, 03/15/22 and upcoming 04/19/22 - no February call
- Discussion - AMSC is looking to engage on a v3 document effort - Survey was funny because all respondents didn't work on v2 - May or may not go forward - Will be doing the spring update to their roadmap - PDF Association - Arlington PDF Model - Will present at May F2F - INCITS - Rendering 3D content to 2D graphics context to print via 2D printing - Will present at May F2F - ASTM ICAM - Alan and Paul worked hard on a paper for using common criteria for 3D printers - They have submitted it as a candidate to be presented in October at an ASTM ICAM event (see link above)
- SC Tiger Team - Monday 11 April 2022 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - Process 4.0 review - 3D outline won't be ready - SC - Monday 18 April 2022 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - Regular SC meeting - SC Tiger Team - Monday 25 April 2022 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - 3D outline review - SC - Monday 2 May 2022 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - Regular SC meeting - Joint PWG/OP May 2022 Plenary slides draft review - SC Tiger Team - Monday 9 May 2022 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - Process 4.0 review - Joint PWG/OP May 2022 Plenary slides final review