This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) Action Item Review (3) PWG Anniversary Plaque - status (Smith) (4) PWG August F2F - debrief (All) (5) PWG Process 4.0 - status (Smith) (6) PWG Website update for Security and Privacy - status (Mike) (7) OpenPrinting GSoC/GSoD/LFMP - update (Ira) (8) PWG 3D PR Opportunities 2021 - update (Paul) (9) AMSC/ISO Liaisons - update (Paul) (10) Next SC Meetings
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (26 July 2021) - Approved as posted - Review minutes of PWG Plenary (17 August 2021) - Approved as posted
ACTION: 07/26/21 - Smith to send ISTO attendee list for PWG Anniversary Plaque event. - CLOSED ACTION: 07/26/21 - Smith to figure out what is going on with the Qualcomm logo image, etc. - CLOSED ACTION: 07/26/21 - Smith to post draft PWG August F2F Plenary slides to FTP site. - CLOSED ACTION: 07/26/21 - Smith to send SC email with objectives and planning framework for getting a more crisp, narrowly scoped set of articles written to allow us to move forward :) - CLOSED
- Discussion - Smith sent Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Mike Sweet, Don Wright, Harry Lewis, Jerry Thrasher
- Discussion - Seemed to go well - Covered a lot - Vice-Chair took over the passcode dissemination - Some just reached out to who they knew - GSoC progress report was very good (except for the video playback thrash...)ACTION: 08/23/21 - Chair / Vice-Chair: Reach out to client OS vendors to encourage them to attend future F2F events (and to client OS vendors' 3D printing teams too?)
- Discussion - Smith posted an updated Roles & Responsibilities draft that had been live edited - Don't approve until Process 4.0 is close to a stable draft - Review latest Process 4.0 draft next week at SC Tiger Team on (08/30/21)
- Discussion - Defer until next SC meeting (09/20/21) or later - Mike not available todayACTION: 08/23/21 - Mike to post a new draft of PWG Website update for Security and Privacy in advance of next SC meeting (09/20/21)
- Discussion - See OP News from August 2021 - See OP Minutes from 10 August 2021 - GSoC going well and all projects are successful - Our 5 students have continued their work and made further major progress. - All the filters of cups-filters (if not treated appropriately earlier) go through 3 student projects: - First, getting turned into a filter function by Pratyush; - Second, made working without PPD file but based on IPP attributes instead by Suraj; and - Third, landing in the universal CUPS filter/filter function by Pranshu. - Perfect team work! - GSoD is not active for Linux Foundation in 2021 - LFMP 2021 projects are TBD after GSoC 2021 projects are completed - CUPS Filters v1.28.10 release on 17 August 2021 by Till Kamppeter - Bug fix release: More reliable legacy CUPS browsing in cups-browsed, improved PDF printer sample PPDs, with borderless page sizes, eliminated unneeded dependency on DjVu font, minor fixes - Aveek Basu presented GSoC Project Status to the IPP WG at the PWG August F2F on Wednesday 08/18/21 - OP Steering Committee - OP monthly calls 07/13/21, 08/10/21, and upcoming 09/07/21
- Discussion - Large "document" drafted previously stalled and didn't work - Let's restart by starting small on smaller scopes and then leverage from those rather than starting with a compendium / text book and trying to extract from that - Topics / requested articles received by Paul - "Security in IPP 3D and IPP Cloud Printing Model" (3D Printing Industry) - "IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents and IPP 3D" (3dprint.com) - Three article deal (Specialist Printing - they do both 2D and 3D printing) - do the first one and pick two others - IPP Overview and Roadmap - Discuss combining different "IPP planes" together to create different types of printing solutions - This topic will require more SC / WG officer oversight - IPP Security - IPP Production Printing Extensions - IPP 3D - IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents - IPP Enterprise Printing - IPP Transaction-Based Printing Extensions - IPP Shared Infrastructure Extensions - IPP Driverless Printing Extensions - IPP InteroperabilityACTION: 08/23/21 - Smith to email PWG 3D PR topics out for further discussion and evolution
- Discussion - Paul to frame the PWG 3D PR topics and send that over to ASTM contact (Pat), Paul @ NIST, and Roxanne @ Link3D - See about getting some folks to come to a PWG 3D informal gathering?
- SC Tiger Team - Monday 30 August 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - review Roles & Responsibilities brief? - validated Document Editor role definition - review Process 4.0 (if time available)? - SC - Monday 6 September 2021 - Canceled due to Labor Day - SC Tiger Team - Monday 13 September 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - review Process 4.0 - SC - Monday 20 September 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - Website update for Security and Privacy - next draft review - SC Tiger Team - Monday 27 September 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review