This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) Action Item Review (3) PWG/OP May 2021 Virtual F2F - Plenary slides (Smith) (4) Transition to WebEx - status (All) (5) IPP WG Charter Update Approval (All) (6) PWG Process 3.1/4.0 - status (Smith) (7) PWG Website update for Security and Privacy - status (Mike) (8) OpenPrinting GSoC/GSoD/LFMP - update (Ira) (9) PWG 3D PR Opportunities 2021 - update (Paul) (10) PDF Association / 3Dprint.com articles (11) AMSC/ISO Liaisons - update (Paul) (12) Hosting organizations for the PWG - discuss (Ira/Jeremy) (13) Next SC Meetings
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (5 April 2021) - Approved as posted
ACTION: 04/05/21 - Smith to reply about PWG/OP May 2021 Virtual F2F agenda to Ira, Sean Kau, Mike Sweet, and Michael Vrhel about swapping the times - CLOSED - all agreed to proposed changed session times ACTION: 04/05/21 - All - Look up Mike's message PWG website update for security and privacy and please provide comments if you have any - IN PROGRESS - Alan and Bill replied with some good detailed feedback
- Discussion - OP times all good w/ presenters - Two members' names and one logo image were updatedACTION: 04/19/21 - Smith to remind WG Chairs and liaison reps to provide slides to Smith for May 2021 F2F Plenary agenda items for 3D Scanning and INFRA Cloud are both now BoFs
- Discussion - We have transitioned to Webex - Zoom available (paid for yearly subscription) but will remain unused - Topic can be closed? - YESACTION: 04/19/21 - Smith to look at the costs for expanded PWG WebEx calling options (call-me and/or 800 call-ins)
- Discussion - Process is approved with no objections
- Discussion - Spend time on PWG Process v4.0 at next SC Tiger Team call (04/26/21) - Merge PWG Call for Objections Policy into the "new" PWG Process v4.0 latest draft
- Discussion - Mike sent out a draft new page discussing to improve the structure of the website for improving security and privacy on 03/18/21 - Alan and Bill provided feedbackACTION: 04/19/21 - Smith to invite Mike to next SC Tiger Team (04/26/21) to have him present and review received feedback on proposed PWG webpage for Security and Privacy
- Discussion - CUPS - CUPS OP current release is v2.3.3op2 on 1 February 2021 - This is the last release of the 2.3.x series. To mark that CUPS upstream development is now under OpenPrinting, we will start 2.4.x. - Ubuntu Hirsute Hippo (21.04) will ship with CUPS 2.3.3op2, also the CUPS Snap currently uses this version. - CUPS now has a new home page and what was formerly our OP fork is now the official CUPS repository. Upcoming releases will be of the new 2.4.x series, now without "opX" suffix now. - PAPPL v1.0.3 - released on 21 April 2021 - The Set-Printer-Attributes operation did not save changes to "printer-contact-col" - Fixed using the “auto” driver without an IEEE-1284 device ID string (Issue #154) - Fixed some more threading issues (Issue #155, Issue #162) - Fixed bogus USB error reporting (Issue #156) - Fixed testpappl on systems without Avahi running (Issue #159) - Adding a printer now works for names with special characters (Issue #161) - CUPS Filters v1.28.8 - released on 25 March 2021 - Bug fix release. - Ubuntu Hirsute Hippo (21.04) will ship with CUPS Filters v1.28.8 - OP GSoC 2021 - planning - in progress - Pandemic limited Till and Aveek's ability to travel around to universities to evangelize the GSoC efforts - Also shortened duration of GSoC projects limited the scope of the projects - DONE - 29 January 2021 - Organization Applications Open - LF applied - DONE - 19 February 2021 - Organization Application Deadline - DONE - 9 March 2021 - Organizations Announced - LF accepted - DONE - 29 March 2021 to 13 April 2021 - Student Applications - 4 student applications - 17 May 2021 - Student Projects Announced - 7 June 2021 to 16 August 2021 - Coding - 31 August 2021 - Results Announced - Project ideas have been posted for this year’s GSoC. - Student projects will only be half the hours. - OP GSoD (Google Season of Docs) 2021 - planning - in progress - DONE - 19 February 2021 - Organization Applications Open - LF applied - DONE - 26 March 2021 - Organization Application Deadline - DONE - 16 April 2021 - Google publishes list of accepted organizations - LF accepted - 17 May 2021 - Technical writer hiring deadline - 2 technical writer applications - 16 June 2021 - Organization monthly evaluations to report on the status of their project - 16-30 November 2021 - Final project evaluation and case study - 14 December 2021 - Google publishes the GSoD 2021 case studies and aggregate project data - LFMP (Linux Foundation Mentorship Program) 2021 - planning - in progress - Plan to augment GSoC 2021 projects - perhaps new IPP projects - OP Steering Committee - OP monthly calls 03/02/21, 04/06/21, and upcoming 05/18/21
- Discussion - Randy is working on the first draft - should be available soon - Drupa virtual presentation is this Wednesday - Content produced from the presentation will be given back to us - Moderator is able to get questions and do some Q&A, but virtual is less interactive - Paul to confirm the date / time - 11:30 - 11:50am EDT on Wednesday 04/21/21
- Discussion - Ad-hoc that Paul was asked to chair - Upcoming week-long workshop will have all the people who are interested in engaging in this ad-hoc
- Discussion - Writing to Paul Witherill (F42) this week
- Discussion - No update - No longer a super-urgent issue now that we have our Antitrust Policy and our 2021 PWG membership renewals have been completed?ACTION: 04/19/21 - All to tell Ira / Jeremy about standards hosting organizations you are familiar with that are amenable to the sort of IETF-style of standards development practices
- SC Tiger Team - Monday 26 April 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review - discuss PWG webpage on Security and Privacy (Mike) - first 30 minutes - review Process 4.0 draft from 03/29/21 (Smith) - any final tweaks to PWG Plenary slides (All) - SC - Monday 3 May 2021 - CANCELED due to 4-7 May 2021 PWG/OP Virtual F2F - SC Tiger Team - Monday 10 May April 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review - Ira not available - SC - Monday 17 May April 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - debrief May 2021 PWG/OP Virtual F2F - SC Tiger Team - Monday 24 May April 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review