This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) Action Item Review (3) PWG and Embeddable Job Tickets (4) IDS call w/ Mass DOT on Printer Security on 03/18 - debrief (Alan, Paul) (5) PWG/OP May 2021 Virtual F2F - planning (Smith) (6) Transition to WebEx - status (All) (7) PWG Process 3.1/4.0 - status (Smith) (8) PWG Website update for Security and Privacy - status (Mike) (9) OpenPrinting GSoC/GSoD/LFMP - update (Ira) (10) PWG 3D PR Opportunities 2021 - update (Paul) (11) PDF Association / 3Dprint.com articles (12) Common Criteria for 3D Printers - update (Paul) (13) AMSC/ISO Liaisons - update (Paul) (14) Hosting organizations for the PWG - discuss (Ira/Jeremy) (15) Next SC Meetings
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (8 March 2021) - Approved as posted
ACTION: 03/08/31 - Smith to review DocuSign thing from Joni about Drupa 2021 and make forward progress on getting Paul registered unless there is some legal / weirdness that puts Smith's employer at risk - CLOSED - Smith didn't need to do anything - Smith also DocuSigned a thing for Randy ACTION: 03/08/21 - Paul to discuss the issue of embedding job tickets in PDF or 3MF or other file formats and how that is sort of anathema to the IPP model and value proposition - CLOSED - Notion is to author a "reference embeddable job ticket" and put it on the FTP site, in some encoding ACTION: 03/08/21 - Ira / Jeremy to investigate hosting organization alternatives for the PWG - OPEN
- Discussion - Plan discussed was to create a "reference embeddable job ticket" and put it on the FTP site, in some encoding - Opens up the issue of providing alternate encodings for IPP other than "application/ipp" - How does our PJT work dovetail with this? - Figuring this out is a task for the IPP WG - Ira and Mike to consider this
- Discussion - Good discussion during the IDS WG call - We are waiting for them to get back to us - Lexmark comment: For older printers, you can go back and look at what version of CC they were certified against, or isolate them behind print servers - IPP INFRA would help to simplify the topology - Proxies to isolate older printers - Follow-up conversation? - Waiting for Mass DOT to contact us?
- Discussion - Smith posted a draft 1 of agenda - SC to review offline - Ira sent several RSVPs to OpenPrinting presenters - All replied positively - Sean (Google) was hoping to move his session later - Swap with Mike Sweet's OP CUPS session or move OP CUPS to be first of the day, then Ghostscript / MuPDF, then lunch, then Chrome OSACTION: 04/05/21 - Smith to reply about PWG/OP May 2021 Virtual F2F agenda to Ira, Sean Kau, Mike Sweet, and Michael Vrhel about swapping the times - CLOSED
- Discussion - Smith has canceled the PWG's Zoom Meetings Pro subscription - $149 / year, billed 2021-03-30 - We will have it around until 2022-03-30, but it won't renew - Might as well just leave it there as a backup rather than trying to recover the $149 - Also canceled the monthly audio conferencing enhancement ($100 / month), so if we need to fall back to using Zoom, we will be on VoIP unless we reactivate that - Smith has also canceled all PWG Zoom meetings - So PWG is now 100% on Webex
- Discussion - PWG Document Template updates on 03/15 to 03/19 - PWG Process 3.1 edits on 03/15 - Smith published a Process 4.0 draft on 3/29 - Need to review in an SC TT call - PWG Membership Agreement updates on 03/15 - PWG Call for Objections Policy updates on 03/01 - PWG Officer Elections Policy posted for "SC Last Call" on 3/29 and will publish it as the final draft after today's SC call
- Discussion - Mike sent out a draft new page discussing to improve the structure of the website for improving security and privacyACTION: 04/05/21 - All - Look up Mike's message PWG website update for security and privacy and please provide comments if you have any
- Discussion - CUPS - CUPS OP current release is v2.3.3op2 in February 2021 - This is the last release of the 2.3.x series. To mark that CUPS upstream development is now under OpenPrinting, we will start 2.4.x. - Ubuntu Hirsute Hippo (21.04) will ship with CUPS 2.3.3op2, also the CUPS Snap currently uses this version. - CUPS now has a new home page and what was formerly our OP fork is now the official CUPS repository. Upcoming releases will be of the new 2.4.x series, now without "opX" suffix now. - PAPPL v1.0.2 - released on 20 January 2021 - PAPPL development has continued, approaching 1.0.3. - See also the currently open and closed issues of PAPPL. - CUPS Filters v1.28.8 - released on 25 March 2021 - Bug fix release. - Ubuntu Hirsute Hippo (21.04) will ship with CUPS Filters v1.28.8 - OP GSoC 2021 - planning - in progress - DONE - 29 January 2021 - Organization Applications Open - LF applied - DONE - 19 February 2021 - Organization Application Deadline - 9 March 2021 - Organizations Announced - 29 March 2021 to 13 April 2021 - Student Applications - 17 May 2021 - Student Projects Announced - 7 June 2021 to 16 August 2021 - Coding - 31 August 2021 - Results Announced - Project ideas have been posted for this year’s GSoC. - Student projects will only be half the hours. - OP GSoD (Google Season of Docs) 2021 - planning - in progress - DONE - 19 February 2021 - Organization Applications Open - LF applied - 26 March 2021 - Organization Application Deadline - 16 April 2021 - Google publishes the list of accepted organization - 17 May 2021 - Technical writer hiring deadline - 16 June 2021 - Organization monthly evaluations to report on the status of their project - 16-30 November 2021 - Final project evaluation and case study - 14 December 2021 - Google publishes the GSoD 2021 case studies and aggregate project data - LFMP (Linux Foundation Mentorship Program) 2021 - planning - in progress - Plan to augment GSoC 2021 projects - perhaps new IPP projects - OP Steering Committee - OP monthly calls 01/12/21, 02/02/21, 03/02/21, and upcoming 04/06/21
- Discussion - PWG call w/ Anne and Randy on 03/09 - Follow-up email thru 03/17 (Anne, Randy, Mike, et al) - Alan had a discussion with Anne and Randy last week - Anne and Randy were asking about IDS and how that intersects with the other PWG security related areas - Anne and Randy published an outline and SC members reviewed it - Randy provided a lot of comments about diagrams and other collateral - Randy is working on the next draft based on the review we provided him on draft 1
- Discussion - These are derivatives of the article discussed in "PWG 3D PR Opportunities 2021" above...
- Discussion - No updates
- Discussion - Virtual presentation (5th Anniversary of AMSC) on 03/31/21 - Paul Witherill presenting on F42 - Common data package - Does F42 prototype their standards? - We could use our work as examples - AMSC isn't doing much that we are interested in - ASTM (and NIST) is where the PWG needs to spend more of its time
- Discussion - No update
- SC Tiger Team - Monday 12 April 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review - PWG Call for Objections Policy - Process 4.0 draft from 03/29/21 - SC - Monday 19 April 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - first draft of PWG Plenary slides - SC Tiger Team - Monday 26 April 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review - final draft of PWG Plenary slides - SC - Monday 3 May 2021 - CANCELED due to 4-7 May 2021 PWG/OP Virtual F2F