This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) Action Item Review (3) PWG Antitrust Reminder to be added to meeting preambles (4) PWG February 2021 Virtual F2F - debrief (All) (5) PWG/OP May 2021 Virtual F2F - planning (All) (6) Transition to WebEx - status (All) (7) PWG Process 3.1/4.0 - status (Smith) (8) PWG Call for Objections Policy - discussion (Ira) (9) OpenPrinting GSoC/GSoD/LFMP - update (Ira) (10) PWG 3D PR Opportunities 2021 - update (Paul) (11) DRUPA 20-23 April 2021 / 3D PDF / 3Dprint.com articles (12) Common Criteria for 3D Printers - update (Paul) (13) AMSC/ISO Liaisons - update (Paul) (14) Next SC Meengs
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (25 January 2021) - Approved as posted - Review minutes of PWG F2F Plenary (9 February 2021) - Approved w/ date correction (2020 to 2021) - DONE
ACTION: 01/25/21 - Smith to keep discussing with ISTO about what needs to go into a PWG Antrust Guidelines Policy - CLOSED ACTION: 01/25/21 - Smith / Ira to tell Mike that Job Accounng with IPP v1.0 is approved and please publish final revision - CLOSED ACTION: 01/25/21 - Smith / Ira / Bill / Mike to add slide memorializing Ron Bergman to Plenary deck - CLOSED ACTION: 01/25/21 - Smith to look into adding toll free calling to PWG WebEx account and discuss in future SC meeng - OPEN
- Discussion - Policy approved already - Slide prepared for February 2021 F2F needs to be shown at the start of every public PWG meeting (F2F session, WG meetings) - Add to PWG slide deck template (if we have one?) - Need to change "PWG Members" to "PWG meeting attendees" so that it is clear that it applies to all attendees (not just members)ACTION: 02/22/21 - Smith to revise PWG Antitrust Policy and change "PWG Members" with "PWG meeting attendees" and re-publish the updated policy
- Discussion - Plenary was much more efficient but wasn't uncomfortably hurried - WG chairs paring their slides down was good too - Summary already posted
- Discussion - Should we be interleaving OP and PWG topics among the 4 days, or have it the way we had it in 2020, with OP on Tuesday, and PWG on Wed-Fri? Explore that with the OP folks. - Session for IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents - should we pitch this as a crossover topic to IDS and/or IPP 3D / PWG 3D communities? - Tentatively have IDS as 3 hours to pull in the 3D Printing PP / IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents?ACTION: 02/22/21 - Smith to ping Ira and Till about Linux Foundation OP team schedule and speakers, and about interleaving the topics of the two orgs across the 4 days
- Discussion - Drop the "waiting room" for IPP WG and IDS WG meetings? - Easy to do - edit the meeting series and remove the waiting room - Can also drop it for SC meetings - Make sure private chat / private interaction is turned off and then the "threat" is mitigated - Did we need a toll-free call-in number? YesACTION: 02/22/21 - Smith to turn off the waiting room stuff and private chat
- Discussion - No progress recently - Need to review Process 3.1 draft - Deal with it at next week's PWG SC Tiger Team (03/01/21) - What to do about the whole Bylaws issue? - Edit a copy of the ISTO bylaws template (distinct from the ISTO bylaws) and pare them down so that they don't overlap with PWG Process X.Y and send that back to ISTO as feedback. - Not a near-term high priority for PWG SC (Ira).
- Discussion - PWG Call for Objections Policy - discussion (Ira) - Mike proposed that one objection fails the adoption (Mike later clarified this). - Ira has a different opinion (that a single objection shouldn't cause failure). - This needs to be clarified and the policy adopted (or folded into Process 3.1?). - CfO and Formal Vote (one draft document) SHOULD be a Policy, not Process (Ira).
- Discussion - CUPS OpenPrinting v2.3.3op2 - released 1 February 2021 (Mike) - This release is the latest OpenPrinting CUPS security and bug fix release. - This release already made it into Debian. - PAPPL v1.0.1 - released on 12 January 2021 - PAPPL development has continued, approaching 1.0.2, mainly bug fixes this time. - See also the currently open and closed issues of PAPPL. - Michael Sweet posted on the PAPPL GitHub what still needs to be done for IPP Scan support in PAPPL. - PAPPL v1.0.1 is in Debian Unstable now and got auto-synced into Ubuntu Hirsute (upcoming Ubuntu 21.04). - CUPS Filters v1.28.7 - released on 01/07/21 - Bug fix release. - OP GSoC 2021 - planning - in progress - 29 January 2021 - Organization Applications Open - LF applied - 19 February 2021 - Organization Application Deadline - 9 March 2021 - Organizations Announced - 29 March 2021 to 13 April 2021 - 17 May 2021 - Student Projects Announced - 7 June 2021 to 16 August 2021 - Coding - 31 August 2021 - Results Announced - Project ideas have been posted for this year’s GSoC. - Student projects will only be half the hours. - OP GSoD (Google Season of Docs) 2021 - planning - in progress - 19 February 2021 - Organization Applications Open - LF applied - 26 March 2021 - Organization Application Deadline - 16 April 2021 - Google publishes the list of accepted organization - 17 May 2021 - Technical writer hiring deadline - 16 June 2021 - Organization monthly evaluations to report on the status of their project - 16-30 November 2021 - Final project evaluation and case study - 14 December 2021 - Google publishes the GSoD 2021 case studies and aggregate project data - LFMP (Linux Foundation Mentorship Program) 2021 - planning - in progress - Plan to augment GSoC 2021 projects - perhaps new IPP projects - OP Steering Committee - OP monthly calls 12/08/20, 01/12/21, 02/02/21, and upcoming 03/02/21
- Discussion - Link3D and their interest in IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents - Should we also suggest to them to try to co-author a press release talking about our groups mutual interest in this? - NO --> Doing that without a liaison agreement causes us to run afoul of anti-trust laws but Link3D could publish their own press release / etc. But we could suggest that Link3D publishes a press release on their own if they feel motivated to do so.ACTION: 02/22/21 - Smith: Send to draft email to Link3D inviting them to be involved in TRUSTNOONE development.
- Discussion - No update - Will do this at the next PWG SC Tiger Team next week (03/01/21)
- Discussion - No update
- Discussion - No update
- SC Tiger Team - Monday 1 March 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review - Review, edit, and approve abstract for the Drupa presentation - Call for Objections and Formal Vote Policy review - Process 3.1 review - SC - Monday 8 March 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - SC Tiger Team - Monday 15 March 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review - SC - Monday 22 March 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting