This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) Action Item Review (3) PWG February 2021 Virtual F2F - planning (All) (4) Zoom vs. Webex (All) (5) Working with INCITS to develop a 3D Printing PP - status (Alan / Paul) (6) PWG Process 4.0 - status (Smith) (7) PR Opportunity (Paul / Smith) (8) IPP Everywhere 2.0 - status (Smith) (9) OpenPrinting GSoC/GSoD/LFMP 2020 - update (Ira) (10) AMSC/ISO Liaisons - update (Paul) (11) Next SC Meetings
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (30 November 2020) - Approved as posted
ACTION: 11/16/20 - Smith to connect with Apple / Microsoft / Google member primary and alternate contacts directly to encourage them to be present if possible (they've all been absent recently) - IN PROGRESS ACTION: 11/30/20 - Paul to produce a few "themes" for PR article topics and share with the PWG SC on the reflector for us to discuss via email or on a future call. Ideas: 3D printing security? / IPP 3D Everywhere? semantics? fundamentals / 2D vs. 3D printing? - OPEN ACTION: 11/30/20 - Smith to add some IPP Everywhere 2.0 goals to Wiki page and change the list of goals to be the actions to satisfy the goals - CLOSED ACTION: 11/30/20 - Smith to contact Mike Rhines to see if there is a need for further discussion with Mopria about "client-info-col" / "document-format-details" - OPEN
- Discussion - Smith emailed draft agenda on 7 December 2020. - Ira, Alan, Jeremy sent feedback. - Smith emailed revised draft agenda on 7 December 2020.
- Discussion - Smith has contacted Joni once again - awaiting response / action. - There were some email delivery issues on Joni's end. - Now resolved?ACTION: 12/14/20 - Smith to inquire with ISTO about getting a way to get the PWG SC the ability to pay for things directly
- Discussion - Paul sharing the presentation with someone who leads the group in ISO group doing guidance and standards for physical 3D printer equipment that is concerned about 3D Printing and cybersecurity. - Paul has been contacted by someone in US Dept of Commerce German office about cybersecurity and its role in product certification and how that might be picked up by the EU, who seems to have a growing interest in this area. - At INCITS TC monthly meeting (tomorrow), discussion about creation of a standard which includes security topics that would dovetail with a 3D Printing PP if it was created.
- Discussion - Smith is working on Officer Election Process . - Latest draft on 7 December 2020 (see link above). - Refactored Process 4.0 draft pending. - Why don't we author our policy documents in Word and publish to PDF like we do with all our other documents? - Good question! - Text policy documents were tradition. - SC consensus is to move to Word and publish to PDF. - Smith to move to Word for next drafts of unpublished policy documents.
- Discussion - 3D PR status - Paul to work on some "themes" for 3D PR (per previous action).
- Discussion - Smith added "real" goals to Wiki page. - Ira is wondering why we are discussing IPP Everywhere 2.0 goals in the SC. - Good point - move IPP Everywhere 2.0 discussion to IPP WG (see latest IPP WG Charter).
- Discussion - CUPS OpenPrinting v2.3.3op1 - released on 27 November 2020 - First release in CUPS OP fork (until Apple resumes support for CUPS). - Already made it into Debian unstable and will soon get merged into Ubuntu Hirsute Hippo (21.04). - Also, the CUPS Snap is updated to this version of CUPS OP. - PAPPL v1.0.0 - released on 12/11/20 - First stable release of PAPPL is now available for download. - PAPPL is a simple C-based framework/library for developing CUPS Printer Applications, which are the recommended replacement for traditional printer drivers. - CUPS Filters v1.28.6 - released on 12/02/20 - Bug fix release. - OP GSoC (Google Season of Code) 2020 - completed on 09/08/20 - 1 student dropped out in July (project continued in LFMP). - 1 student failed at end of August (project continued in LFMP). - All other OP GSoC 2020 projects were successful - OP GSoC 2021 - planning - in progress - Currently looking for project ideas for next year’s GSoC. - Student projects will only be half the time (6 weeks). - OP GSoD (Google Season of Docs) 2020 - completed on 12/05/20 - 1 student made excellent progress on Printer Applications documentation. - LFMP (Linux Foundation Mentorship Program) - completed in December 2020 - IPP Scan - 2 students made good progress. - IPP FaxOut - 2 students dropped out in October and November 2020. - OP Steering Committee - OP monthly calls 11/10/20, 12/08/20, and upcoming 01/05/21. - By mid-January 2021, we need to send PWG ideas for GSoC 2021 to OpenPrinting, since they need to decide what projects to pursue for GSoC 2021. - Scope has to be much smaller, because the span of the projects (spin up to ending) is now 6 weeks.ACTION: 12/14/20 - Ira to send email to SC and IPP reflectors about very small project objectives for GSoC 2021, and larger project objectives LFMP 2021.
- Discussion - Also see earlier discussion of PR Opportunities. - AMSC did an update last Thursday to America Makes and PWG got a mention as a group that is filling gaps - ASTM F42 WG8 - SAE ITC (SAE Industry Technologies Consortia) provides consortia with a "hosting environment" similar to IEEE-ISTO, and one of the groups that they host is AMDC (Additive Manufacturing Data Consortium).
- SC Tiger Team - Monday 21 December 2020 - CANCELED - holidays - SC - Monday 28 December 2020 - CANCELED - holidays - SC Tiger Team - Monday 4 January 2021 - CANCELED - holidays - SC - Monday 11 January 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - draft February 2021 F2F Plenary Slide review - SC Tiger Team - Monday 18 January 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review - SC - Monday 25 January 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - final February 2021 F2F Plenary Slide review - SC Tiger Team - Monday 1 February 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review - SC - Monday 8 February 2021 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - CANCELED due to February 2020 PWG F2F