This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) Zoom Transition (All) (3) PWG August 2020 Virtual F2F - Status (All) (4) PWG Namespace Policy - Status (Ira) (5) PWG Process 4.0 - Status (Smith) (6) GSoC and GSoD 2020 - Update (Ira / All) (7) PWG Pending Press Releases - Status (Smith) (8) Mopria Liaison - Update (Smith) (9) ISO TC171 / SC 2 Adhoc WG - Expanding PDF for 3D (Paul) (10) AMSC/ISO Liaisons - Update (Paul) (11) Next SC Meetings (12) Action Items - Review (All)
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (15 June 2020) - Approved as posted
- Discussion - Lingering issues? - No important ones - Should we pull the plug on WebEx? - Yes - WebEx expenses from "ISTO PWG May 2020 Fixed and Variable Invoices" - $52.00 for base seat + $215.72 for "Audio usage" = $267.72 for one month (!) - Seems like it would be cheaper to eliminate WebEx and go with Zoom - No deal-breaker shortcomings with Zoom so go ahead and terminate WebExACTION: 06/29/20 - Smith to get Joni / ISTO to terminate our WebEx seat ASAP
- Discussion - No additional work on the agenda needed right now - But some tweaks might be needed when we get closer to the event (~1 August 2020) - Ira to possibly solicit an OP update on GSoC / GSoD for the August Virtual F2F - Event will be first PWG F2F that uses Zoom - link / meeting already set up
- Discussion - Status - No updates (editor was totally buried) so maybe review in 2 weeks - PWG SC TT review on 06/22/20 - Ira to add section numbers and titles throughout (Bill Wagner) - Add a solid number of sections / subsections and use those for referring to the other text sections - Don't have big, huge paragraphs either
- Discussion - No updates - Except for new skeleton for PWG Document Style Policy
- Discussion - GSoC - Several students started LF/OP GSoC coding a month early - This is first GSoC evaluation week - "Primary" mentors are filing first evaluations on the students' work - two more evaluations to go - All GSoC projects are going well and students are making progress - Mike providing lots of valuable feedback - Aveek providing lots of support in a variety of ways - GSoD - LF/OP was accepted - One of the LF/OP GSoC projects will probably get a document via GSoD - Next milestone is in early July (it is more active in the Fall / Winter) - GSoC 2020 Timeline (*updated) - DONE - 14 January - Mentoring organization applications submissions start - DONE - 5 February - Mentoring organization application submissions end - DONE - 5-19 February - Google program administrators review organization applications - DONE - 20 February - List of accepted mentoring organizations published - DONE - 20 February to 16 March - Potential students discuss ideas w/ mentors - DONE - 16 March - Student application submissions start - DONE - 31 March - Student application submissions end - DONE - 21 April* - Student slot requests due from Org Admins - DONE - 30 April* - Student Project selections due from Org Admins - DONE - 4 May* - Accepted student projects announced - DONE - 1 June* - Coding officially begins! - DONE - 29 June* - Mentors and students can begin submitting Phase 1 evaluations - 3 July* - Phase 1 Evaluation deadline - 27 July* - Mentors and students can begin submitting Phase 2 evaluations - 31 July* - Phase 2 Evaluation deadline - 24-31 August* - Final week: Students submit their final work and mentor evaluations - 31 August to 7 September* - Mentors submit final student evaluations - 8 September* - Final results of Google Summer of Code 2020 announced - GSoD 2020 Timeline - DONE - 11 May 2020 - Accepted mentoring organizations announced - 9 July 2020 - Technical writer applications deadline - 16 August 2020 - Accepted technical writer projects announced - 14 September 2020 - Doc development officially begins - 30 November to 5 December 2020 - Final week for standard length - 6 January 2021 - GSoD 2020 standard length results announced - 1-8 March 2021 - Final week for long-running projects - 15 March 2021 - GSoD 2020 long-running results announced
- Discussion - Mopria / PWG Liaison and recent PWG stuff was released 6/22 - IPP System Service v1.0 - IPP Transaction Based Printing Extensions v1.1 - IPP Label Printing Extensions v1.0 - No PRs actively pending, but need to get to work on a couple (in this order) - IPP 3D v1.1 and PWG Safe G-Code v1.0 - Liaisons? No, let's not do any of that - Just hold it to the two docs we released late in 2019 - Drupa? No, this is separate (and authored by them) - Prioritize this one first to get it out the chute - IPP Everywhere v1.1 - Some Lexmark products certified but not available on the market yet - Extend the self cert JSON / ippevesubmit tool to add a date / check to make it visible - Or is that a check on the website so that the listings need to be "shown" by the submitter as a check?ACTION: 06/29/20 - Smith / Jeremy / Anne to work on draft PRs that list or will list recently IPP Everywhere certified devices (that are already on the market)
- Discussion - No updates - Does Mopria have any interests in 3D printing?ACTION: 06/29/20 - Smith to CREATE THE IPP 2020 STATE OF THE UNION!!!
- Discussion - ANSI moved the US TAG from 3D PDF Consortium to PDF Association - Same person, just moved between organizations - Paul was asked to chair the "ad-hoc work group" sponsored by SC2 to produce a report on PDF metadata related to 3D - Paul cannot do that without being a member of the PDF Association, so he will be pursuing that - PWG's interest is likely informational / advisory in this effort - 3D PDF Consortium merging with PDES, so it was no longer a good idea for 3D PDF to be the US TAG (this is just speculation - not really important) - PWG Consensus: - Unanimous approval for the SC to pay for Paul's individual membership in the PDF AssociationACTION: 06/29/20 - Paul to contact Joni and CC Smith about dealing with payment by PWG SC for Paul's individual membership in the PDF Association
- Discussion - No update
- SC Tiger Team - Monday 6 July May 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review - Jeremy and Ira will be absent - cancel? - SC - Monday 13 July May 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - SC Tiger Team - Monday 20 July May 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review - PWG Namespace Policy? - SC - Monday 27 July May 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - SC Tiger Team - Monday 3 August May 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review
- Discussion - Deferred but all action item status updated (see below)