This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) PWG August 2020 Virtual F2F - Status (All) (3) PWG Policy - line numbers in standards? - Discussion (All) (4) PWG Policy - change logs in minor errata? - Discussion (All) (5) PWG Namespace Policy - Review (Ira) (6) PWG Process 4.0 - Status (Smith) (7) GSoC and GSoD 2020 - Update (Ira / All) (8) PWG Pending Press Releases - Status (Smith) (9) Mopria Liaison - Update (Smith) (10) AMSC/ISO Liaisons - Update (Paul) (11) Next SC meetings (All) (12) Action Items - Review (All)
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (1 June 2020) - Approved as posted
- Discussion - Draft agenda on the event page - good enough for now - Links will be updated over the next 2.5 months, and possibly some agenda changes - But this is good enough for now - Didn't put in a topic for GSoC or GSoD, but could discuss in Plenary? - Perhaps skim IETF and TCG pages and then spend more time on GSoC and GSoD pages (which could come first in the liaison slides) - Event will be first F2F that uses Zoom - link / meeting already set up
- Discussion - Email discussion suggesting putting line numbers in published standards, and also how to do line numbers in Asciidoc / policy documents - Consensus: Do not pursue either of these line numbering ideas after all - Problems with the line numbers changing in redline vs. clean copies and renderings to PDF - Instead have a solid number of sections / subsections and use those for referring to the problem text - Don't have big huge paragraphs either - Put this line numbering consensus in Process 4.0 (or a Policy document)ACTION: 06/15/20 - Smith to create new "PWG Documents Style Policy" and add line numbering, change logs, and other style recommendations there, so that they don't get lost - also add text discussing templates as well
- Discussion - Ira asked "It struck me that perhaps the second minor errata (say v1.2) should still cover all the changes since the last major version (say v1.0) - and not just the (maybe quite small) delta from v1.1 to v1.2. WDYT?" - Versioning is defined clearly outside the PWG (see link above) - Break backward compatibility: Major version roll - Backward compatibility maintained: Minor version roll - Errata resolved - Clarifications made to language - Feature additions - Change logs should record all changes or just the changes to the immediate predecessor version? - Consensus: The latter - only the immediate predecessor, unless it is a roll to a new major version. - With a major version roll, summarize all the changes from X.0 to X+1.0ACTION: 06/15/20 - Ira to add discussion of change logs in the new draft "PWG Documents Style Policy"
- Discussion - Punt review to Tiger Team next week? Or is it stable enough to approve? - Need to add the structure for "/pub/pwg/general" to this doc? Sounds like a good idea.ACTION: 06/15/20 - Ira to add ABNF and path names for selected items under "/pub/pwg/general" to this PWG Namespace Policy and republish for review 06/22/20.
- Discussion - It's June 2020 and we need to get moving on this.ACTION: 06/15/20 - Smith to raise priority of PWG Process 4.0 and ask people to help in forming the structure to make process concise but complete.
- Discussion - GSoC - Several students started LF/OP GSoC coding a month early - Making good headway - Mike / Till / Aveek taking most of the mentor load - GSoD - LF/OP was accepted - One of the LF/OP GSoC projects will probably get a document via GSoD - Next milestone is in early July (it is more active in the Fall / Winter) - GSoC 2020 Timeline (*updated) - DONE - 14 January - Mentoring organization applications submissions start - DONE - 5 February - Mentoring organization application submissions end - DONE - 5-19 February - Google program administrators review organization applications - DONE - 20 February - List of accepted mentoring organizations published - DONE - 20 February to 16 March - Potential students discuss ideas w/ mentors - DONE - 16 March - Student application submissions start - DONE - 31 March - Student application submissions end - DONE - 21 April* - Student slot requests due from Org Admins - DONE - 30 April* - Student Project selections due from Org Admins - DONE - 4 May* - Accepted student projects announced - DONE - 1 June* - Coding officially begins! - 29 June* - Mentors and students can begin submitting Phase 1 evaluations - 3 July* - Phase 1 Evaluation deadline - 27 July* - Mentors and students can begin submitting Phase 2 evaluations - 31 July* - Phase 2 Evaluation deadline - 24-31 August* - Final week: Students submit their final work and mentor evaluations - 31 August to 7 September* - Mentors submit final student evaluations - 8 September* - Final results of Google Summer of Code 2020 announced - GSoD 2020 Timeline - DONE - 11 May 2020 - Accepted mentoring organizations announced - 9 July 2020 - Technical writer applications deadline - 16 August 2020 - Accepted technical writer projects announced - 14 September 2020 - Doc development officially begins - 30 November to 5 December 2020 - Final week for standard length - 6 January 2021 - GSoD 2020 standard length results announced - 1-8 March 2021 - Final week for long-running projects - 15 March 2021 - GSoD 2020 long-running results announced
- Discussion - Draft PWG/Mopria joint press release - not clear what Mopria changed - Fixed some other text as per Ira / Alan / Bill recommendations
- Discussion - Smith talking to Mike Rhines, who is waiting for some guidance from Mopria leadership about what they can reveal about liaison objectives, without revealing proprietary info.
- Discussion - No update - Paul absent.
- SC Tiger Team - Monday 22 June May 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - PWG Namespace Policy review - SC - Monday 29 June 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - SC Tiger Team - Monday 6 July May 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review - Ira not available - SC - Monday 13 July May 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting
- Discussion - Deferred but all action item status updated (see below)