This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) IDS WG Chair replacement - Status (Alan) (3) IPP Everywhere v1.1 Call for Objections - SC Process Approval (All) (4) Zoom as a teleconference replacement (All) (5) Mopria Liaison Update (Smith) (6) PWG August 2020 Virtual F2F - Agenda (All) (7) PWG Process 4.0 - Status (Smith) (8) GSoC and GSoD 2020 Planning (Ira / All) (9) PWG Pending Press Releases (Smith) (10) AMSC/ISO liaisons - Status (Paul) (11) Next SC meetings (All) (12) Action Items - Review (All)
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (18 May 2020) - Approved as posted
- Discussion - For now, let's say that Alan is still the IDS WG Chair and Alan will handle engaging other IDS WG members about officer positions as needed going forward (as PWG Process 3.0 allows) - Drop this SC agenda topic for now
- Discussion - Call for Objections ended 05/15/20 - no objections - minor editorial comments - No SC objections to approving => approved!
- Discussion - IDS WG used it last Thursday - worked well! - ISTO doesn't want to move to Zoom at this me - We will try Zoom with IPP WG this Thursday 06/04/20 - If all goes well at this Thursday's IPP call, then we will ask ISTO to cancel our PWG WebEx account
- Discussion - No updateACTION: 06/01/20 - Smith to reach out to Michael Rhines (Qualcomm) about defining a few partnership objectives that can be listed or mentioned in the press release announcing our renewed liaison agreement (Cloud registration and related stuff?)
- Discussion - Smith showed a plain text draft agenda - consensus was that it looked good for now - May need to add an "IPP Cloud Registration and Additions" topic etc., depending on how in-flight IPP Registration and Best Practice documents get (and also PPX)ACTION: 06/01/20 - Smith to post PWG August 2020 Virtual F2F event page with draft agenda (and Zoom meeting info!)
- Discussion - Will review latest update to the PWG Namespace Policy doc in the SC TT meeting next Monday 06/08/20 - Smith to try to get momentum around moving Process 4.0 core doc forward
- Discussion - GSoC - Several students started LF/OP GSoC coding a month early - GSoD - LF/OP was accepted - One of the LF/OP GSoC projects will probably get a document via GSoD - GSoC 2020 Timeline (*updated) - DONE - 14 January - Mentoring organization applications submissions start - DONE - 5 February - Mentoring organization application submissions end - DONE - 5-19 February - Google program administrators review organization applications - DONE - 20 February - List of accepted mentoring organizations published - DONE - 20 February to 16 March - Potential students discuss ideas w/ mentors - DONE - 16 March - Student application submissions start - DONE - 31 March - Student application submissions end - DONE - 21 April* - Student slot requests due from Org Admins - DONE - 30 April* - Student Project selections due from Org Admins - DONE - 4 May* - Accepted student projects announced - DONE - 1 June* - Coding officially begins! - 29 June* - Mentors and students can begin submitting Phase 1 evaluations - 3 July* - Phase 1 Evaluation deadline - 27 July* - Mentors and students can begin submitting Phase 2 evaluations - 31 July* - Phase 2 Evaluation deadline - 24-31 August* - Final week: Students submit their final work and mentor evaluations - 31 August to 7 September* - Mentors submit final student evaluations - 8 September* - Final results of Google Summer of Code 2020 announced - GSoD 2020 Timeline - DONE - 11 May 2020 - Accepted mentoring organizations announced - 9 July 2020 - Technical writer applications deadline - 16 August 2020 - Accepted technical writer projects announced - 14 September 2020 - Doc development officially begins - 30 November to 5 December 2020 - Final week for standard length - 6 January 2021 - GSoD 2020 standard length results announced - 1-8 March 2021 - Final week for long-running projects - 15 March 2021 - GSoD 2020 long-running results announced
- Discussion - Live edited a draft of PWG/Mopria new liaison announcement coupled with recent IPP additions - Should we have a second IPP Everywhere v1.1 announcement? - Smith to ask AnneACTION: 06/01/20 - Smith to send out updated draft PWG/Mopria new liaison press release to SC and Anne
- Discussion - INCITS group will become a full-fledged technical committee after the June meeting - Additions including Link3D - TC 171 SC2 - 3D PDF agreed to form an ad-hoc group to look at metadata for 3D - Paul to become chair of that group? - Needs an architecture for referencing other groups and allowing the group's work to be named in a structured way (similar to MSN2, etc.) - How to extend to create a "safe" persistent place for metadata to live within the document - We have abstracted the "printer" - they have abstracted the "factory" - Drupa - IPP presentation - can repurpose the 2016 slides - The "Cube" - do Industry 4.0 - Talk about how standards fit in and how IPP & IDS fit in - Return to us in August 2020 - Magazine article - Doing technical articles - do 3D PDF metadata, so as to not create conflict with Cube people - Useful to evangelize the value of metadata and illustrate the PWG's vision in this areaACTION: 06/01/20 - All to discuss Link3D YouTube video in a later SC meeting
- SC Tiger Team - Monday 8 June May 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - PWG Namespace Policy review - SC - Monday 15 June 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - SC Tiger Team - Monday 22 June May 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - document review - SC - Monday 29 June 2020 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting
- Discussion - Deferred but all action item status updated (see below)