This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) PWG Officer "Elections" (All) (3) AMSC/ISO liaisons - Status (Paul) (4) PWG November F2F Agenda - Review (Smith) (5) PWG Last Calls - Status (Smith/Alan/Ira) (6) Future of PWG / PR efforts - Status (Smith/Ira) (7) Open Printing GSoC 2019 / new website - Status (Ira) (8) ISO JTC1 SC28 liaison - Status (Alan) (9) Other liaisons (3MF, Mopria, etc.) - Status (Smith) (10) PWG Website - Status (Smith) (11) Review draft IPP Registration Policy (12) Next SC meetings (13) Action Items - Review (All)
- IPR declaration - Roll call - All present (smile) - Review minutes of SC meeting (23 September 2019) - Approved as posted
- Discussion - No others have reached out to the PWG SC to nominate themselves or others as candidates for PWG officership - Chair: Smith is willing and able to hold the Chair position for a third term if there are no objections - Vice-Chair: Alan would prefer that he not hold the position for a third term - Candidate TBD - Secretary: Ira willing and able to continue his position as SecretaryACTION: 10/07/19 - Smith to query known parties about their willingness to volunteer for the PWG Vice-Chair position, copy the SC, and say that they could / should recommend candidates
- Discussion - INCITS - Joni @ ISTO and Lynn @ INCITS working together to get that done - Signer from PWG side needs to be from ISTO - Call from previous Action Item was not needed - log jam was cleared - Upcoming engagement (Paul) - 25 October 2019: ACI (American Concrete Institute) event on 3D printing and 3D printing metadata - Paul and Mike are working on a deck and a prototype / demo - Paul to attend and present - Promote the ISO breakout session below on 3D PDF metadata to happen in mid-December - 13-14 November 2019: NIST Ceramic 3D printing event in Washington D.C. - Paul won't be able to make it - 15 November 2019: U Mass Amherst concrete printing symposium - Paul to attend - 20-21 November 2019: Transportation Research Board - http://www.trb.org/Calendar/Blurbs/177388.aspx - First International Conference on 3D Printing and Transportation in Wash, DC - 3D Printing conference across all verticals in transportation - 14 December 2019: ISO having a conference second week in December in Wash, DC - Also meet on 3D PDF and metadata? - Working with DARPA - 16-26 June 2020: Drupa 2020 in Dusseldorf, Germany - https://www.drupa.com/en/drupa_global/drupa_global_Events/Overview - Paul is still following up on thisACTION: 10/07/19 - Smith to check with Lynn and Joni on status of INCITS liaison
- Discussion - https://www.pwg.org/chair/meeting-info/november-2019-virtual.html - Agenda presented looks good (fix the next steps time)
- Discussion - IPP System Service v1.0 - Waiting for LCRC review at Thursday IPP WG call (completed) - PWG Formal Vote to span the November 2019 F2F
- Discussion - Anne published a PR release today announcing IPP Authentication Methods, Job Extensions v2.0, Document Object v1.1, and MFD Alerts v1.1 - Next steps - Another 3D announcement talking about all of these meetings and engagement - System Service, IPP Everywhere v1.1 (late 2019?)
- Discussion - OP new website is now up and live - https://openprinting.github.io - Go check it out!
- Discussion - No updates
- Discussion - No updates - Smith still needs to do the 2019 IPP State of the Union deck!!!
- Discussion - Waiting on the Registration Policy to be finalized - Or is it? - The naming / structure for durable links to files containing email based registrations seems stable
- Discussion - Since the naming / structure for durable links to files containing email based registrations seems stable, we should get Mike to update the links in the IANA Registry to use the links to the durable filesACTION: 10/07/19 - Smith to review latest state of IPP Registrations Policy, post latest version, and solicit feedback from SC
- SC - Monday 21 October 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - CANCELED - Smith won't be able to attend - SC - Monday 4 November 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - review draft Plenary slides - SC - Monday 18 November 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - Keep it for final PWG F2F prep but may cancel
- Discussion - Deferred (but action item status updated - see below)