This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) PWG F2F Plenary slides - Review (Smith) (3) PWG Last Calls - Status (Smith/Ira) (4) Future of PWG / PR efforts - Status (Smith/Ira) (5) Open Printing GSoC 2019 / new website - Status (Ira) (6) ISO JTC1 SC28 liaison - Status (Alan) (7) AMSC/ISO liaisons - Status (Paul) (8) Other liaisons (3MF, Mopria, etc.) - Status (Smith) (9) PWG Website - Status (Smith) (10) PWG document numbers for Informational - pwg-namespace-policy (Ira) (11) Next SC meetings (12) Action Items Review (All)
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (15 July 2019) - Approved as posted
- Discussion - Good feedback from Bill on 28 July 2019 - Add additional content to a "PWG Steering Committee Updates" section - Quality improvement slide - Maybe pursue implementation of integration testing in build scripts for GSoC 2020? - Relabel JPS3 to be JPS3 v2.0 (not v1.1) - due to new attributes and conformance - Make Plenary 9:00-10:15am, IPP WG Status 10:15-10:30am - To allow for PWG SC updates and discussion - Replace IPP Job Accounting session with an IPP System Service session - Move IPP Job Accounting to the end of the IPP EPX session - Job Accounting could be a multi-year effort! - Add GSoC 2019 status to IPP WG Status deck (for Plenary and IPP sessions) - Add IPP errata review session? - 3D Printing Metadata BoF can absorb the 3D PDF session - So after lunch on Friday we can do some more IPP sessions perhaps - Changes for Friday - 9:00-10:00 IPP Errata update - 10:00-11:00 3D Printing Liaison Status - 11:00-11:30 Lunch - 11:30-1:00 3D Printing Metadata BoF / 3D PDF - 1:00-1:15 IPP WG Next Steps
- Discussion - IPP Authentication Methods v1.0 - PWG Formal Vote ends 16 August 2019 - IPP Job Extensions v2.0 - PWG Formal Vote ends 16 August 2019 - IDS WG Charter - IDS WG Last Call ended with no objections - PWG Call for Objections started 27 July 2019 ends Monday 26 August 2019ACTION: 07/29/19 - Smith to pound the pavement to get votes for IPP Authentication Methods and IPP Job Extensions
- Discussion - IPP Announcements - IPP Authentication Methods v1.0 - IPP Job Extensions v2.0 - 3D Announcements - 3D PDF v1.1 / PWG Safe G-Code Subset v1.0 - Delay this one to fold it in with an INCITS announcementACTION: 07/29/19 - Smith to get PWG PR efforts restarted with Anne Price!
- Discussion - GSoC 2019 update - Things are going well for GSoC 2019 - All students passed Phase 1 and Phase 2 evaluations - Work ongoing on updates to test suites for 5100.3, 5100.5, 5100.7 and System Service - GSoC 2019 timeline - DONE - 6-27 May - Students get to know mentors, read documentation, get up to speed to begin coding - DONE - 27 May - Coding officially begins! - DONE - 24-28 June - Mentors and students do Phase 1 evaluations - DONE - 22-26 July - Mentors and students do Phase 2 evaluations - 19-26 August - Students submit final work product and their final mentor evaluation - 26 August to 2 September - Mentors submit final student evaluations - OP new website development postponed until the fall (after GSoC 2019 completes) - Linux Plumbers Conference on 9-11 September 2019 at Corinthia Hotel in Lisbon, Portugal - https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/ - https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/4/page/25-faqs - OP Microconference on 10 September 2019 at 10am-1:30pm WEST / 5am-8:30am US EDT - https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/4/page/34-accepted-microconferences - Aveek will try to arrange for BlueJeans web conference for remote participation - OP Participation - Till to attend in person all 3 days - Aveek is applying to Linux Foundation for travel funding
- Discussion - No updates
- Discussion - INCITS Liaison - Jessica / ISTO is pursuing this - Paul got Jessica the INCITS contact - Paul has been attending the technical committee meetings - 3D PDF Consortium - Y.1447 semantics are not fully aligned with PWG semanticsACTION: 07/29/19 - Smith to check what is going on with PWG/INCITS liaison w/ Jessica and get things moving
- Discussion - Mopria - Jeremy Reitz (Xerox) might have updates from Mopria meeting last week - Smith is working on PWG 2019 updates deck - close but not ready yet - Add a link to IPP JDF Mapping for the "process vs. intent" statement in the deck
- Discussion - Mailing list is causing a problem with ICDSoft (they don't do GNU Mailman) - Is there a way for us to do the mailing list postings such that we can decouple ourselves from Mailman? - For example, PDFs of relevant emails in PWG FTP directories - How many durable links are we talking about (for the IANA IPP Registry)?ACTION: 07/29/19 - Smith to count the durable email archive links in the IANA IPP Registry
- Discussion - Ira to update pwg-namespace-policy and present to SC in a future meetingACTION: 07/29/19 - Ira to produce an updated draft of pwg-namespace-policy for review at a future SC meeting
- SC - Monday 12 August 2019 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - Last minute August F2F stuff - SC - Monday 26 August 2019 - CANCELED due to PWG Virtual F2F on 28-30 August 2019 - SC - Monday 9 September 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting
- Discussion - Deferred (but action item status updated - see below)