This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) PWG Last Calls - Status (Smith/Ira) (3) PWG August Virtual F2F Agenda - Status (Smith) (4) Future of PWG / PR efforts - Status (Smith/Ira) (5) Open Printing GSoC 2019 / new website - Status (Ira) (6) ISO JTC1 SC28 liaison - Status (Alan) (7) AMSC/ISO liaisons - Status (Paul) (8) Other liaisons (3MF, Mopria, etc.) - Status (Smith) (9) PWG Website - Status (Smith) (10) Next SC meetings (11) Action Items Review (All)
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (6 May 2019) - Approved as posted
- Discussion - IPP Authentication Methods v1.0 - PWG Last Call (second) ended 11 May 2019 - Quorum has been achieved - 9 responses - 1 comment (Xerox) - Quorum is 30% of 25 members = 7.5 ~ 8 responses - Smith posted an update with editorial fix - https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippauth-20190515.pdf - Approval of process for PWG Last Call for PWG IPP Authentication Methods v1.0? - YES - APPROVED - PWG Formal Vote delayed due to Out-of-Scope changes suggested by Sean Kau (Google) per Smith on 18 May 2019 - To be published as PWG Best Practice - IPP Document Object v1.1 - PWG Call for Objections ended 21 May 2019 - Quorum has been achieved - no objections - Approve process via email? Or wait until next SC meeting? Or do it today? - Do it today - no objections to approving the process today - Approval of process for PWG Call for Objections for PWG IPP Document Object v1.1? - YES - APPROVED - We can now proceed to publish the final document - To be published as PWG Candidate Standard - PWG Safe G-Code Subset for 3D Printing v1.0 - PWG Formal Approval *extended* 5 May 2019 (w/ corrected URLs) ends 4 June 2019 - Editorial change: "safe-gcode-supported" to be renamed to "pwg-safe-gcode-supported" per Mike Sweet - Quorum has been achieved - 7 YES - 0 comments - Quorum is 25% of 24 voting members = 6 votes - To be published as PWG Best Practice - IPP Job Extensions v2.0 - IPP WG Last Call ended 5 May 2019 w/ no comments - Ready for PWG Last Call, except for new attributes to be moved from IPP PPX v2.0 (updated PWG 5100.3) - IPP System Service - IPP WG Last Call ends 31 May 2019 - Mike has completed all prototyping in "ippserver" toolACTION: 05/20/19 - Smith to work with Sean Kau and Mike Sweet to get editorial update text into new final draft of IPP Authentication Methods v1.0, ready for PWG Formal Vote by 24 May 2019
- Discussion - 28-30 August 2019 vF2F (Wed/Thu/Fri) - New agenda draft in plain text file presented by Smith - Smith posted a new agenda draft to the SC reflector - Mike replied - https://www.pwg.org/mailman/private/sc/2019-May/002425.html - Let's make lunch everyday at 11am US Mountain Time - Smith to switch agendas for Thursday and Friday - So that IDS is at 9am US MDT on Thursday, followed by IPP security/privacy topics - Move all the 3D topics to Friday - If we truncate Friday for lack of topics, then that is fine
- Discussion - Current efforts in flight: RAPID, 3MF Consortium / PWG Liaison - Anne Price released the RAPID announcement - Smith created a draft article for the PWG website - https://www.pwg.org/press-releases/pwg-may-2019-pwg-at-rapid%2Btctevent-may-21.html - Smith posted a call for PR announcement topics - https://www.pwg.org/mailman/private/sc/2019-May/002423.html - No responses yet - Should we create a "firstname.lastname@example.org" or "email@example.com" email address that forwards to Anne Price? - YESACTION: 05/20/19 - Smith to get Mike to create "firstname.lastname@example.org" and have that redirect to Anne Price
- Discussion - GSoC 2019 timeline - DONE - 25 March - Student application period begins - DONE - 9 April - Student application deadline - DONE - 6 May - Accepted student proposals announced - 6-27 May - Students get to know mentors, read documentation, get up to speed to begin - 27 May - Coding officially begins! - GSoC 2019 gave 12 slots to Linux Foundation, including all 5 OP slots - awesome! - OP new website development is paused due to GSoC 2019 startup
- Discussion - No updates on ISO JTC1 SC28 (Office Equipment) - From IDS call on 05/16/19 - We want to extend our engagement (as the IDS WG or the PWG) in work of other standards groups and actively state our affiliation of the PWG as well as our own employers in contributions to other those forums and groups - No formal liaisons needed (at this time)ACTION: 05/20/19 - Ira / Alan to add "Other interesting reflectors and groups" section to the IDS WG page on the PWG website
- Discussion - No updates - Paul's traveling to RAPID meeting
- Discussion - Mopria - No updates - 3MF - Anne working on joint press release with 3MF leadershipACTION: 05/20/19 - Paul / Mike to maybe do some dev work on embedding 3MF job tickets in about a month or so
- Discussion - Smith reached out to Jessica about managed web hosting - ISTO answer was that managed web hosting is fine, so long as the provider signs an appropriate Terms and Conditions from ISTO or provides appropriate Terms and Conditions to satisfy compliance with or protections from GDPR and California Privacy and other current (and future?) privacy regulations - For Common Criteria, Brian Smithson looked through Kavi and some other systems - PWG publishing format (e.g., markdown) also might be impacted by choosing toolsets - MS Word is not "diff-friendly" and has numerous version incompatbility issuesACTION: 05/20/19 - Smith to pursue this PWG managed web hosting option, possibly with ICDSoft, and loop in Mike and ISTO as needed
- SC - Monday 3 June 2019 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - PWG Safe G-Code Subset for 3D Printing v1.0 process approval? - IPP System Service to start PWG LC? - SC - Monday 17 June 2019 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - SC - Monday 1 July 2019 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting or cancel due to 4th of July week?
- Discussion - Deferred (but status updated - see below)