This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) PWG Last Calls - Status (Smith/Ira) (3) PWG August Virtual F2F Agenda - Topics (All) (4) Future of PWG / PR efforts - Status (Smith/Ira) (5) Open Printing GSoC 2019 / new website - Status (Ira) (6) ISO JTC1 SC28 liaison - Status (Alan) (7) AMSC/ISO liaisons - Status (Paul) (8) Other liaisons (3MF, Mopria, etc.) - Status (Smith) (9) PWG Website - Status (Smith) (10) Next SC meetings (11) Action Items Review (All)
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (22 April 2019) - Approved as posted
- Discussion - PWG Last Call (second) for IPP Authentication Methods v1.0 - Ends 11 May 2019 - Quorum has been achieved - To be published as PWG Best Practice - PWG Call for Objections for IPP Document Object v1.1 - Ends 21 May 2019 - No objections so far - Quorum has de-facto been achieved because it is a Call for Objections - To be published as PWG Candidate Standard - PWG Formal Approval for PWG Safe G-Code Subset for 3D Printing v1.0 - Restarted 5 May 2019 (w/ corrected URLs) ends 4 June 2019 - Editorial change: "safe-gcode-supported" to be renamed to "pwg-safe-gcode-supported" per Mike Sweet - Quorum has been achieved as of (05/07/19) - 6 YES, 0 No, 0 Abstain - Quorum is 25% of 24 voting members = 6 votes - Do those that have voted have to re-vote? - No, this is really an *extension*, not a restart or second ballot - To be published as PWG Best Practice
- Discussion - 28-29 August 2019 vF2F (Wed/Thu) - Agenda draft in plain text file presented by Smith - Topics to include: - System Service - will this be in vote by late August? Leave it at an hour - 3D Printing Metadata BoF? - PWG Semantics and job ticketing being embedded in 3D files themselves as an alternative transport / encoding to using IPP - Would the 3D Printing Topics be shrunk a bit to give time to this? Paul says yes - 3D PDF and the third 3D PDF embedded content issue (i.e., increasing complexity) - What about spreading it across 3 days? - 1 day for 2D - 1 day for 3D - 1 day for IDS and IPP security / privacy / encryption related topics (encrypted jobs and documents, job accounting) - Decide on the ordering of days: 3D on day 2 and IDS / security on day 3? or vice versa? - Missing topics in first plain text draft - 3D Metadata - 3D PDF (maybe?) - 3D and concrete? - Might not be much to show in August but there should be more in November - show the plan, anyway - IPP 3D Everywhere certification program BoF? (Maybe...) - PWG 5100.3 - IPP Production Printing Extensions v2.0 (PPX) - PWG 5100.13 - IPP Job and Printer Extensions Set 3 (JPS3) - Needs updates for alignment w/ Job Extensions v2.0 and IPP Everywhere v1.1 - Canon IPP feature additionsACTION: 05/06/19 - Smith to ask PWG Announce about August 2019 vF2F Tue-Thu versus Wed-Fri?
- Discussion - Discussion of guidelines and dialogs on reflector (some confusion and misunderstandings) - Brief discussion of email threads discussing PWG PR and engagement with external entitiesACTION: 05/06/19 - Smith to ask the SC to make a list of the things we are anticipating wanting to be announced as PR announcements, and get that to Anne Price so that she can develop the timeline for when they should be released
- Discussion - GSoC 2019 timeline - DONE - 25 March - Student application period begins - DONE - 9 April - Student application deadline - DONE - 6 May - Accepted student proposals announced - 6-27 May - Students get to know mentors, read documentation, get up to speed to begin - 27 May - Coding officially begins! - Sometime today (05/06/19) Google will announce the slot allocations for all GSoC mentor orgs - GSoC is believed to have given Linux OP all 5 slots - if true, that is awesome!
- Discussion - No updates
- Discussion - 3D report at August 2019 vF2F will include an update from RAPID (which is May 21) and the fallout of that conference - 3D PDF issues - No other updates
- Discussion - No updates since last week's PWG F2F
- Discussion - No updatesACTION: 05/06/19 - Smith to ask Jessica (IEEE-ISTO) about whether "managed hosting" would help PWG with GDPR compliance
- SC - Monday 20 May 2019 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - Paul will be absent (on a plane heading to RAPID) - SC - Monday 3 June 2019 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting - SC - Monday 17 June 2019 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting
- Discussion - Deferred (but status updated - see below)