This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) Joint PWG/OP April F2F Plenary Slides - Review (Smith) (3) PWG Last Calls - Status (Smith/Ira) (4) Future of PWG / PR efforts - Status (Smith/Ira) (5) Open Printing GSoC 2019 / new website - Status (Ira) (6) ISO JTC1 SC28 liaison - Status (Alan) (7) AMSC/ISO liaisons - Status (Paul) (8) Other liaisons (3MF, Mopria, etc.) - Status (Smith) (9) PWG Website - Status (Smith) (10) Next SC meetings (11) Action Items Review (All)
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (25 March 2019) - Approved as posted
- Discussion - Editing in the meeting - Fix the Gantt chart - Make Job Extensions v2.0 - Make IPP Authentication Methods v1.0 - Make Enterprise Printing Extensions v1.0 - Make Safe GCode v1.0 - Make System Service v1.0 - Make Encrypted Jobs and Documents v1.0 - Make PWG HCD Security v1.0 and extend bar through Q4 - Extend bars to match when they are expected to be completeACTION: 04/08/19 - Smith to reach out to Alan for IDS WG plenary status slides
- Discussion - PWG Safe G-Code Subset for 3D Printing v1.0 - PWG Last Call ended 28 February 2019 - LCRC review completed in IPP WG on 28 March 2019 - Does the SC approve the process used for the PWG Last Call and LCRC Review of PWG Safe G-Code v1.0? - APPROVED - So we can do PWG Vote of Formal Approval - PWG Formal Approval started on 13 April 2019 - IPP Authentication Methods v1.0 - PWG Last Call ended 28 February 2019 - LCRC review completed in IPP WG on 28 March 2019 - technical changes! - Does the SC approve the process used for the PWG Last Call of IPP Authentication Methods v1.0? - APPROVED - So we can do a second IPP WG Last Call and PWG Last Call - Second IPP WG Last Call ended on 10 April 2019 - Second PWG Last Call started on 11 April 2019 ends on 9 May 2019 - IPP 3D Printing Extensions v1.1 - PWG Call for Objections ended 29 March 2019 - Does the SC approve the process used for the Call for Objections of IPP 3D Printing Extensions v1.1? - APPROVED - So we can publish as Candidate Standard - PWG MFD Alerts v1.1 - IPP WG Last Call ended 14 March 2019 - PWG Call for Objections ends 12 April 2019 - SC to approve Call for Objections process at April 2019 F2F Plenary session - So we can publish as Candidate Standard
- Discussion - Smith and Ira had a Call on Wednesday 3 April 2019 with Anne Price - Growing attendance in IPP WG and IDS WG - do we have an engagement problem? - PR announcements could possibly drive member engagement / new membership and engagement? - Also article placement can help with growing awareness of the PWG's work articulating a solutions focus rather than a technical detail focus - 2D Printing - 3D Printing - Need to work on two things - Mentorship / new leadership cultivation - Process 4.0 to include plan to for how to handle "PWG in maintenance mode"
- Discussion - Linux Foundation accepted as GSoC 2019 mentor organization (Aveek and Till) - Student applications completed on 9 April 2019 (Aveek and Till) - GSoC 2019 timeline - 6-25 February - Google program administrators review organization applications - 26 February - List of accepted mentoring organizations published - 26 February to 25 March - Potential students discuss ideas with mentoring organizations - 25 March - Student application period begins - 9 April - Student application deadline - 6 May - Accepted student proposals announced - 6-27 May - Students get to know mentors, read documentation, get up to speed to begin - 27 May - Coding officially begins! - OP new website - Mostly complete - Team of six developers very active in January through April - "About" page describes collaboration w/ PWG on IPP projects - "Driverless Printing" page has IPP Everywhere logo and brief description
- Discussion - No updates - Alan not present - Traveling to 15th Common Criteria Users Forum Workshop in Rome, Italy - Bilateral HCD TC to become HCD International Technical Committee (iTC)?
- Discussion - Paul to send info via email to SC reflector
- Discussion - 3MF Consortium - Liaison Agreement SIGNED on 26 March 2019! - Rani Abdellatif (Microsoft) is the new liaison contact at 3MF Consortium - Working with Anne on coordinated joint PR announcement - waiting for draft from Anne - Mopria - Smith reached out to Jeremy Reitz about getting a report from him for April F2F - Mopria / PWG comments privately to firstname.lastname@example.org on "document-format-details" - PWG SC guidance to Mopria: - Mopria originates a message to the email@example.com reflector? - Or PWG officers/members originate a message? - Or does it matter? - PWG Process 4.0 should address liaison organization standing for inputs
- Discussion - Need to continue development Mike has been doing to Beta site - Need to figure out FTP archives, mailing lists, etc. - Smith discussed with Jessica what would be involved with having IEEE-ISTO manage PWG Website as an alternative to pursuing the Jekyll / GitHub path - Smith is not sure whether that IEEE-ISTO management is really a good idea - PWG has maintained a very independent posture from the outset vis-a-vis IEEE-ISTO - Independence would allow us to move back to IETF or somewhere else - We've traditionally done our own site / admin - But what if we don't have those individuals available to provide that to us? - ISTO doesn't provide its own IT folks - it just hires contractors - Self-hosting vs. managed hosting vs. cloud hosting?
- Plenary - Tuesday 16 April 2019 6am Pacific / 9am Eastern - review WG status and PWG liaisons - SC - Monday 22 April 2019 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - debrief F2F or cancel meeting? - SC - Monday 6 May 2019 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting
- Discussion - Deferred (but status updated - see below)