This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Revised Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) Joint PWG/OP April F2F Agenda - Status (Smith/Ira) (3) PWG Last Calls - Status (Smith/Ira) (4) Future of PWG / PR efforts - Status (Smith/Ira) (5) Open Printing GSoC 2019 / new website - Status (Ira) (6) ISO JTC1 SC28 liaison - Status (Alan) (7) AMSC/ISO liaisons - Status (Paul) (8) Other liaisons (3MF, Mopria, etc.) - Status (Smith) (9) PWG Website - Status (Smith) (10) Next SC meetings (11) Action Items Review (All)
- IPR declaration - Roll call - Review minutes of SC meeting (25 February 2019) - Approved as posted
- Discussion - Schedule was revised to accommodate several attendees' schedules (Sean Kau, Michael Vrhel, Aveek Basu) - 8+ people attending in person (according to survey) - WebEx difficulty mitigations - Smith has separate meeting links for each of the 3 daysACTION: 03/25/19 - Smith to reach out to recent IPP WG attendees who haven't filled out the April 2019 F2F survey yet, to see if they will be attending in person or via WebEx
- Discussion - IPP Authentication Methods v1.0 - Technical updates so we need to do a second IPP WG Last Call and PWG Last Call - Publication later this summer (?) - PWG Safe G-Code v1.0 - PWG Last Call ended 28 February 2019, but LCRC reviews have to be done in IPP WG on 28 March 2019 or later before PWG SC can do process approval - SC could approve LCRC review at April 2019 F2F Plenary session and start PWG Formal Vote afterwards, if there are no lingering issues - PWG MFD Alerts v1.1 - IPP WG Last Call ended 14 March 2019 - PWG Call for Objections ends 12 April 2019 - SC could approve Call for Objections process at April 2019 F2F Plenary session - IPP 3D Printing Extensions v1.1 - PWG Call for Objections ends 29 March 2019 - SC could approve Call for Objections process at SC meeting on 8 April 2019
- Discussion - Smith and Ira have a Call on Wednesday 27 March 2019 with Anne Price - Anne shared draft slides - Ira forwarded to the SC reflector and suggested email responses
- Discussion - Linux Foundation accepted as GSoC 2019 mentor organization (Aveek and Till) - Student recruitment and evaluations are in progress (Aveek and Till) - GSoC 2019 timeline - 6-25 February - Google program administrators review organization applications - 26 February - List of accepted mentoring organizations published - 26 February to 25 March - Potential students discuss ideas with mentoring organizations - 25 March - Student application period begins - 9 April - Student application deadline - 6 May - Accepted student proposals announced - 6-27 May - Students get to know mentors, read documentation, get up to speed to begin - 27 May - Coding officially begins! - OP new website - Mostly complete - Team of six developers very active in January through March - "About" page describes collaboration w/ PWG on IPP projects - "Driverless Printing" page has IPP Everywhere logo and brief description
- Discussion - No updates
- Discussion - Paul to send info via email to SC reflector
- Discussion - Mopria - No updates - 3MF Consortium - SIGNED on 26 March 2019! - Rani Abdellatif (Microsoft) is the new liaison contact at 3MF Consortium - 3MF Consortium is moving to Linux Foundation (is this true? or still in transition?) - 3MF Consortium wants to do a joint PR announcement about the liaison establishment - Do we report on Common Criteria liaison in the PWG Plenary? - Do we have a liaison agreement established?ACTION: 03/25/19 - Smith to reach out to Jeremy Reitz (Xerox, Mopria liaison)
- Discussion - Need to continue development Mike has been doing to Beta site - Need to figure out FTP archives, mailing lists, etc.
- PWG PR - Monday 27 March 2019 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern - Anne / Smith / Ira - all SC members are invited to participate - SC - Monday 8 April 2019 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - review April 2019 F2F Plenary slides - Plenary - Tuesday 6am Pacific / 9am Eastern - review status and liaisons - SC - Monday 22 April 2019 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - debrief F2F or cancel meeting? - SC - Monday 6 May 2019 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - regular meeting
- Discussion - Deferred (but status updated - see below)