This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy.
These minutes were taken by Ira McDonald with help from Smith Kennedy.
- Review agenda and state PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker - Proposed Agenda: (1) Administrivia (2) February F2F agenda - see email thread (3) Process Approval for IPP Finishings 2.1 Last Call (4) Process Approval for IPP 3D Printing Extensions Last Call (5) Review IPP Everyhere news release from Anne - see email thread (6) Note: ISO JTC1 3D Printing and Scanning Survey - see email thread (7) Note: ANSI/IEEE summary of 3D projects - see email thread (8) Schedule for SC calls - see email thread (9) Mopria Partnership / Liaison Agreement (10) Action Item Review - not till next SC meeting
- IPR declaration - Attendance - Review minutes of SC on 17 November 2016 - Approved as posted
- Additional sub-topics for the IDS session as per Alan and Ira's suggestions (US NIAP, HCD Protection Profile, other Common Criteria profiles, etc.) - Not enough IPP 3D discussion for 3 hours - reduced to 45 minutes - Ira has Chrysler client conflicts daytime Tuesday and Wednesday US Eastern - Revised schedule - Move SM to all morning Tuesday (especially Pete's 3D job ticket) - Move Plenary to afternoon Tuesday (4pm US Eastern) - Move IDS Common Criteria to morning Wednesday - Move IPP System Service to afternoon Wednesday (4pm US Eastern)ACTION: Smith to update agenda and cleanup the topics, verify w/ SC members, and then announce the February F2F via pwg-announce reflector ASAP
- Received 8 responses by 12/12/16, another no-comment response on 12/14/16 - Quorum achieved (30% of 28 members = 8 responses) - No objections on Last Call process - May proceed to Formal Vote after LCRC resolution (IPP WG 12 January 2017)
- Received 8 responses by 12/12/16 - Quorum achieved (30% of 28 members = 8 responses) - No objections on Last Call process - May proceed to Formal Vote after LCRC resolution (IPP WG 12 January 2017)
- Approve of all of Bill's and Mike's feedback - Use these as the basis for creation of new redlined review version - Once approved, send link to Anne Price (PR Works) and Jane Celusiak (ISTO)ACTION: Smith or Ira to edit revised version of IPP Everywhere news release and send to SC for SC approval
- JTC1 soliciting "expert engagement" and feedback on this survey - INCITIS committees develops computer standards under parent ANSI - ANSI (US National Body) sends votes to ISO - IEEE is liaison member of INCITIS - IEEE-ISTO is *not* liaison member of INCITIS (no access via IEEE) - IEEE committees develop networking standards for ISO and ITU-T - IEEE 802.1 security (e.g., 802.1AR) - IEEE 802.3 Ethernet wired datalink - IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi wireless datalink - IEEE-ISTO is *not* liaison member of IEEE (no access via IEEE-SA) - PWG committees develops printing standards under parent IEEE-ISTO - Liaison agreement between PWG and INCITIS? - Would this be a relationship between PWG and INCITIS or ISTO and INCITIS? - That is up to the ISTO's discretionACTION: Smith and Ira to pursue liaison agreement between PWG and INCITIS
- PWG IPP 3D Summary sent to Rosalinda Saravia (IEEE-ISTO) - Added to the ANSI summary of 3D projects catalog / report under IEEE (finesse) - Publishing this PWG summary in this ANSI report will help to elevate awareness of the PWG's work in the 3D Printing space within ANSI and IEEE (the parent body that owns IEEE-SA)
- Discussion - Ira and Smith spoke with Brent Richtsmeier (Samsung, Chair Mopria Steering Committee) on 6 October 2016 - Smith sent a next steps query on 4 November 2016 - Brent sent an update on 7 November 2016 - Brent had a draft liaison agreement from Mopria legal to be approved by Mopria Steering Committee on Tuesday 8 November 2016 - Brent was also requesting an Individual Contributor membership level, and it was being discussedACTION: Smith to follow up with Brent to see whether the Mopria/PWG MoU / Liaison Agreement was approved and was ready to move forward with PWG SC / ISTO review
- Skipped due to lack of time - Smith or Ira to post list to SC reflector - close any AIs that are closed - encourage people to make progress on their AIs
- SC - Thursday 12 January 9am Pacific / 12pm Eastern - Current topics, review action items, 2017 meeting locations/schedule - SC - Thursday 26 January 9am Pacific / 12pm Eastern (tentative) - Current topics, review action items, 2017 meeting locations/schedule - SC - Thursday 9 February 9am Pacific / 12pm Eastern (tentative) - Review slides for PWG F2F on 14-15 February at Apple