This meeting was announced and chaired by Mike Sweet. These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald.
- Reviewed agenda and PWG IP Policy - Ira McDonald as minute taker
- Review minutes from SC on 17 September 2015 - Approved as posted - See 'Previous Action Items' below
- Tue/Wed 3-4 November 2015 as Virtual F2F
- Discussion - options - OP JTAPI (Job Ticket API) - in-memory abstract job/document model - must write two JTAPI backends (JDF and PJT parsers and emitters) - Vendor database-driven tool - existing production job ticket tool - must load database w/ mapping rules - Get updated status for SM WG session at November PWG Virtual F2F - Ira and Paul have potential vendor prototype contacts - CIP4 meeting in October - Ira will check w/ Rainer afterwardACTION: Ira to bring up JDFMAP prototype on Open Printing call 10/06/15
- Discussion - ISTO is concerned about potential legal liability w/out a license - Other ISTO programs (stds bodies) use certification for revenue - Note - Fee-based cert program would increase PWG liability - Proposal - limit self-cert participation to PWG members - PWG Membership Agreement to protect IPR and enforce policies - Note - Providing tools for self-cert might increase PWG liability - Remove verfication step by PWG officers - Vendor claims compliance, while PWG can disclaim liability - Note - Review by PWG officers would increase PWG liability - Consensus - unanimous agreement to pursue member-only free self-certACTION: Mike to post summary of IPP Everywhere plan of record to the SC list, update self-cert manual draft, and update web site to not require reviewers
- SC - Thursday 15 October 2015 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - general status and November PWG - SC - Thursday 29 October 2015 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern (tentative) - general status and November PWG