This meeting was announced and chaired by Mike Sweet. These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald.
- Reviewed agenda and PWG IP Policy -- Ira McDonald as minute taker
- Review minutes from SC on 11 September 2014 -- Approved as posted - See 'Previous Action Items' below
- PWG Last Call completed on 12 September 2014 -- 11 Responses (quorum was 10) -- 82 Comments (mostly editorial) - Consensus - attendees plus Alan Sukert via email -- unanimous approval of process
- Consensus on approval of IPP WG Charter -- unanimous approval of updatesACTION: Ira to publish approved IPP WG Charter and notify Mike
- PWG topics for publicity -- IPP Everywhere Multifunction branding -- IPP Everywhere Self-Certification program socialization -- PWG and CIP4 collaboration on JDFMAP socialization -- 3D Printing white paper socialization -- Cloud Imaging Model and IPP INFRA prototyping progress report -- September 2015 is the 15 year anniversary of IPP/1.1 (RFC 2911) -- PWG and Workgroups overview content - PWG presentation content for these topics -- Infographics -- Slides -- White papers -- Blog articles -- Press releases - PWG and WG web pages content -- FAQs -- High-level graphics -- Descriptions -- Business benefits (for vendors and customers) - Consensus -- unanimous approval to allocate $5,000 through 31 December 2014ACTION: Ira to contact Anne Price about PR tasks for PWG.
- Mike posted white paper outline to 3D Printing list on 5 September - White paper introduction (1 page) -- Who the PWG is, a little history -- Everything we do is open -- Goal of this document (from abstract) -- Why use a standard protocol? --- Security (setting printers on fire, etc.) --- Remote monitoring --- Re-use common software/infrastructure, time-to-market, simplification, interoperability, provide custom solutions, easier support for modeling/mobile/cloud/etc., common/generic software, etc. - Recast white paper as 2 or 3 blog articles -- Lead high-level article with contact information that is widely distributed -- Specific articles on System+Subunits+Capabilities and Job/Document model - Ultimaker (Netherlands) expressed interest in CUPS and IPP for their 3D Printers on 19 September -- Do prototype for 3D Printer with CUPS with Ultimaker? - Meeting of 3D Printing people in California second week of November -- PWG should engage/participate to encourage use of IPP for networks
- SC - Thursday 9 October 2014 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern - SC - Thursday 16 October 2014 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern -- Note - TCG F2F meeting on 20-24 October 2014 - conflict w/ 23 October - Edit/review PWG Plenary and WG slides via email before November F2F - Plenary - Tuesday 4 November 2014 6am Pacific / 9am Eastern