PWG Steering Committee Minutes * 3 April 2014
- Daniel Manchala (Xerox, SM Chair)
- Ira McDonald (High North, PWG Secretary)
- Joe Murdock (Sharp, IDS WG Chair)
- Alan Sukert (Xerox, IDS WG Vice-Chair)
- Paul Tykodi (TCS, IPP WG Co-Chair)
- Bill Wagner (TIC, Cloud WG Vice-Chair)
This meeting was announced by Mike Sweet, who was unable to attend.
Meeting was not called to order.
Other attendees held an informal discussion of most agenda topics.
These informal minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald.
- (0) Agenda bashing, IP Policy, minute taker
- Reviewed agenda and PWG IP Policy
-- Ira McDonald as minute taker
- (1) Review previous minutes and action items
- Review minutes from SC 23 January 2014
- Review minutes from Plenary 4 February 2014
- Review minutes from SC 20 February 2014
-- no minutes were reviewed
- See 'Previous Action Items' below
- (2) Approve venue for August 2014 F2F in Toronto
- Hilton Garden Inn - Toronto/Missisauga - 100 Traders Blvd
-- Consensus - this venue is a good choice
-- Consensus - use PWG funds to cover daily meeting fees
- (3) PWG web site status
- Currently stalled due to time constraints for Mike and Daniel
-- late May after PWG F2F meeting in Cupertino, CA
- (4) Amend PWG Process?
- Amend PWG Process to require white paper submission to WG, a la IETF?
-- Consensus - yes, amend PWG process
ACTION: Mike and Ira to document amended PWG process for white paper
submission prior to WG project approval
- (5) W3C DPUB specs
- Do we suggest CSS Print, XHTML Print, or other PWG standards as W3C
specs important for the DPUB industry?
-- Consensus - IPP Everywhere and PWG Print Job Ticket are key specs
- (6) Next SC meetings
- SC - Thursday 17 April 2014 11am PST / 2pm EST
- SC - Thursday 1 May 2014 11am PST / 2pm EST (tentative)
- Plenary - Tuesday 13 May 2014 9am PST / 12pm EST
Previous Action Items
- ACTION: Mike Sweet will work with Ole Skov to have PWG reimburse them
for telconference calls
- ACTION: Ira to document OID arc usage in PWG
- ACTION: Paul Tykodi to post approved SM charter to charter directory
- ACTION: Paul Tykodi to contact Liquid for free PWG license for Daniel
- ACTION: Mike Sweet to talk w/ Apple people about a Bluetooth contact
to share PWG agendas
- ACTION: Joe Murdock to edit/post HCD Attributes v1.1
(Mike or Daniel to add link/abstract to PWG standards webpage)
- ACTION: Mike and Ira to work w/ Daniel to automate sharing PWG agendas
w/ TC130, CIP4, Mopria Alliance, Open Printing, and Bluetooth from new
- ACTION: Paul and Mike to propose 3D Printing BOF topics/agendas for
May and August F2F meetings
- ACTION: Mike ask IEEE to *disable* the WebEx audio (including splash
page on login to WebEx video) - explore one-time enable
- ACTION: Mike to update meeting pages to reflect the change in schedule
for May and August meetings
- ACTION: Paul and Daniel to work on "3D printing and the Semantic Model"
in the SM3 WG
- ACTION: Mike to talk with Joe about IDS priorities and schedule