- Taki Arai (Oki, call-in) - Smith Kennedy (HP Inc, PWG Vice-Chair, call-in) - Jeremy Leber (Lexmark, PWG Chair, call-in) - Ira McDonald (High North, PWG Secretary, IPP WG Co-Chair, call-in) - Michael Rhines (Qualcomm, call-in) - Anthony Suarez (Kyocera Document Solutions, call-in) - Mike Sweet (Lakeside Robotics, IPP WG Secretary, call-in) - Bill Wagner (TIC, former Cloud WG Chair, former WIMS WG Chair, call-in) - Uli Wehner (Ricoh, call-in) - Steven Young (Canon, call-in)
Note: Alan Sukert (Independent, IDS WG Chair) and Paul Tykodi (TCS, IPP WG Co-Chair) were unable to join this Plenary session due to schedule conflicts. Ira McDonald (High North, PWG Secretary, IPP WG Co-Chair) lost power, phone, and Internet at about 10:30am US EDT, so these minutes may not record later action items.
This meeting was announced by Smith Kennedy and chaired by Jeremy Leber. This was a PWG Virtual F2F meeting with WebEx and Audio bridges. These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald.
See slides at:
* Reviewed agenda and PWG IP Policy -- Mike Sweet as minute taker -- All times are US Eastern Time (not Mountain Time) Tuesday 2 November 2021 10:00 AM to 10:45 AM PWG Plenary 10:45 AM to 11:00 AM IPP WG : Status 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM IPP WG : Prototype Ready: IPP Finishings v3.0 / IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents v1.0 / IPP Production Printing Extensions v2.0 / IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 / Deprecating IPP Print by Reference v1.0 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM Break / Lunch 12:45 PM to 2:00 PM IPP WG : Evolution of IPP/2.0 and IPP Everywhere v2.0 Wednesday 3 November 2021 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM IPP WG : IPP Driverless Printing Extensions v2.0 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM Break / Lunch 12:45 PM to 1:45 PM IPP WG: 3D Printing Liaison: Status and Guidance 1:45 PM to 2:00 PM IPP WG : Next Steps Thursday 4 November 2021 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM IDS WG : Status and Discussion / PWG HCD Security Guidelines v1.0
* 2021-2023 Term -- PWG Chair: Jeremy Leber (Lexmark) -- PWG Vice-Chair: Smith Kennedy (HP Inc) -- PWG Secretary: Ira McDonald (High North) * Results of 2021 Officer Elections -- Jeremy and Smith interested in each others' roles -- No other nominees so officers chosen by acclamation
* 28 members (27 voting, 1 non-voting)
* Thanks to all of you for contributing your time and efforts to the PWG!
* 2022 Meeting Schedule -- 8-10 February 2022 - Virtual F2F -- 10-12 May 2022 – Joint PWG/OpenPrinting - Lexington? Sunnyvale? -- 16-18 August 2022 - Virtual F2F -- 15-17 November 2022 - Virtual F2F * 2023 Meeting Schedule -- 7-9 February 2023 – Virtual F2F * Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in hosting a PWG F2F event
* 752 Printers now certified! -- https://www.pwg.org/printers -- More on the way! * IPP Everywhere™ Self Certification 1.1 Update 3 -- Released 17 May 2021; approved 16 June 2021 -- Mandatory for certification starting 1 July 2021 --- IPP Everywhere v1.0 Certifications no longer accepted -- Pending Self-Cert v1.1 Update 4 to address an issue with the ippevesubmit tool --- (workaround available) * IPP Everywhere™ Self Certification 1.1 Update 4 -- In development; beta not yet available * IPP Everywhere v2.0 scoping and requirements in development
* Job Accounting with IPP v1.0 -- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/informational/bpippaccounting10-20210205-5199.11.pdf
* PWG on GitHub -- https://github.com/istopwg * IPP Sample -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample * IPP Everywhere™ Self-Certification Tools -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippeveselfcert * IPP Registry -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippregistry * PWG Books: -- https://github.com/istopwg/pwg-books
*** IDS WG (Alan Sukert) - see Plenary slides
* Officers -- IDS WG Chair: Alan Sukert (Independent) -- IDS WG Vice-Chair: TBD -- IDS WG Secretary: Alan Sukert (Independent) -- IDS WG Document Editors: Ira McDonald (High North) – HCD Security Guidelines * Current Charter -- Updated to reflect development of HCD Security Guidelines by Ira -- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/charter/ch-ids-charter-20190826.pdf * Current Status -- Focus now is on Common Criteria HCD Protection Profiles -- IDS Charter updated to focus the IDS WG on outreach with other standards bodies involved in HCD security issues --- Monitoring development of Common Criteria Hardcopy Device collaborative PP (cPP) and Supporting Document (SD) --- Looking at initiating interface with other standards efforts related to hardcopy devices -- IDS Meetings --- IDS Meetings held on 09/30, 10/14, and 10/28 --- Next IDS call scheduled for 11/11/21 -- HCD international Technical Committee (iTC) Bi-Weekly Meetings --- HCD iTC holds weekly HCD iTC Meetings ---- Goal is to develop, review and publish an HCD cPP/SD v1.0 by Q1 2022 --- Will discuss the results of the weekly HCD iTC Meetings held since last IDS F2F and current HCD cPP/SD v1.0 status at the IDS F2F Session on Thursday 08/19/21 -- Developing HCD Security Guidelines to provide guidance on current HCD security technology and security issues --- Will review the latest status at the IDS F2F session -- IDS F2F session will also discuss the ENISA Cryptographic Certification (EUCC) and the status of the planned updates to ISO/IEC 15408, the Common Criteria standard -- Review of current status of HCD-related standards efforts of the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) and Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) normally done during the Plenary Session was done at the 10/28/21 IDS Working Group Meeting; minutes of that meeting can be found at --- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/minutes/IDS-call-minutes-20211028.pdf * Next steps -- Next IDS call scheduled for Thursday 11/11/21 at 3pm US Eastern
*** IPP WG (Ira McDonald, Mike Sweet) - see Plenary slides
* Current Charterr -- Updated to reflect current and future work items -- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/charter/ch-ipp-charter-20210409.pdf -- IPP WG is chartered with: --- Development of IPP --- Maintenance of IPP and the IETF IPP registries --- Support for new clients and network architectures (Cloud, SDN) --- Support for new MFD/Imaging service bindings and emerging technologies such as 3D Printing --- Maintenance of various IETF and PWG SNMP MIBs --- Maintenance of the PWG Semantic Model * Officers -- IPP WG Co-Chair: Paul Tykodi (TCS) -- IPP WG Co-Chair: Ira McDonald (High North) -- IPP WG Secretary: Michael Sweet (Lakeside Robotics) * Specifications in development -- IPP/2.x Fourth Edition -- IPP Driverless Printing Extensions v2.0 -- IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents v1.0 -- IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 -- IPP Everywhere™ v2.0 -- IPP Finishings v3.0 -- IPP Production Printing Extensions v2.0 * IPP Registrations in development: -- Deprecating IPP Print by Reference * Recently published: -- PWG 5199.11-2021: Job Accounting with IPP v1.0 * Up-to-date pending IANA registrations online -- http://www.pwg.org/ipp/ipp-registrations.xml * IPP Everywhere Printer Self-Certifications: -- https://www.pwg.org/printers --- 752 printers currently listed from HP and Lexmark -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippeveselfcert --- IPP Self-Cert v1.1 tools Update 3 approved June 2021 --- Update 4 tools in progress * IPP Sample Code: -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample --- Fork of CUPS code includes ipp3dprinter, ippeveprinter, ippfind, ippproxy, ippserver, ipptool, ipptransform, and ipptransform3d --- Add docker updates * Pending Errata and In-Progress Errata -- see details in Plenary slides * Next steps -- Next IPP conference calls on Thursday 11/18/21 and 12/02/21 at 3pm US Eastern
* OpenPrintingGoogle Summer of Code 2021 – Success! -- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/liaison/openprinting/presentations/GSoC_Updates-PWG_Summit_Aug-2021.pdf * OpenPrinting Linux Plumbers Mini-Conference – Success! -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KogjLb1Hb4 -- Aveek/Till/Mike/Bhavna were speakers – lively discussions. * OpenPrinting CUPS -- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups/releases/tag/v2.3.3op2 -- Current stable release is OP CUPS v2.3.3op2 on 1 February 2021. -- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups/releases/tag/v2.4b1 -- Current pre-release is OP CUPS v2.4b1 on 27 October 2021. * OpenPrinting CUPS Filters -- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups-filters/releases/tag/1.28.10 -- Current release is OP CUPS Filters v1.28.10 on 17 August 2021. * OpenPrinting PAPPL (Printer Application) -- https://github.com/michaelrsweet/pappl/releases/tag/v1.1b2 -- Current release is OP PAPPL v1.2b1 on 24 September 2021. * OpenPrinting PostScript, Ghostscript, Gutenprint, HPLIP Printer Apps -- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/ps-printer-app -- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/ghostscript-printer-app -- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/gutenprint-printer-app -- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/hplip-printer-app * OpenPrinting CUPS Legacy Driver Retro-Fitting Printer Applications -- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/pappl-retrofit
*** Mopria (Smith Kennedy) - see Plenary slides
* Mopria liaison to PWG : Michael Rhines (Qualcomm) * New 2-year liaison agreement signed 3 April 2020 * PWG Chair presented "PWG State of the Union 2021" at the Fall 2021 Mopria Member Meeting on 28 October 2021 -- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/presentations/PWG-2021-State-of-the-Union-20211028.pdf -- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/presentations/PWG-2021-State-of-the-Union-Summary-20211028.pdf * No significant areas of active collaboration between the two groups currently but many opportunities exist
*** 3D / Additive Manufacturing (Paul Tykodi) - see Plenary slides
* America Makes & ANSI Additive Manufacturing Standardization Collaborative (AMSC) -- https://www.ansi.org/standards_activities/standards_boards_panels/amsc/Default?menuid=3 -- IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group is participating in the AMSC initiative * ASTM Committee F42 on Additive Manufacturing Technologies -- https://www.astm.org/COMMITTEE/F42.htm * INCITS Digital Manufacturing Technical Committee -- https://www.incits.org/committees/digitalmanufacturing * 3MF Consortium -- https://www.3mf.io