- Ira Kaplan (Brother, call-in) - Smith Kennedy (HP Inc, PWG Chair, call-in) - Jeremy Leber (Lexmark, PWG Vice-Chair, call-in) - Anthony Suarez (Kyocera Document Solutions, call-in) - Alan Sukert (Independent, IDS WG Chair, call-in) - Mike Sweet (Lakeside Robotics, IPP WG Secretary, call-in) - Paul Tykodi (TCS, IPP WG Co-Chair, call-in) - Bill Wagner (TIC, former Cloud WG Chair, former WIMS WG Chair, call-in) - Uli Wehner (Ricoh, call-in) - Steven Young (Canon, call-in)
Note: Ira McDonald (High North, PWG Secretary) was unable to join this Plenary session due to a conflict with ISO TC22/SC32/WG12 Road Vehicles: Software Update meeting - many thanks to Mike Sweet for capturing the attendees.
This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy. This was a PWG Virtual F2F meeting with WebEx and Audio bridges. These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with help from Mike Sweet.
See slides at:
* Reviewed agenda and PWG IP Policy -- Mike Sweet as minute taker -- All times are US Eastern Time (not Mountain Time) Tuesday 17 August 2021 10:00 AM to 10:45 AM PWG Plenary 10:45 AM to 11:15 AM IPP WG : Status / IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents v1.0 11:15 AM to 12:00 PM IPP WG : IPP Finishings v3.0 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM Break / Lunch 12:45 PM to 1:30 PM IPP WG : IPP Production Printing Extensions v2.0 1:30 PM to 2:15 PM IPP WG : Evolution of IPP/2.0 and IPP Everywhere v2.0 Wedesday 18 August 2021 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM IPP WG : Linux Foundation OpenPrinting GSoC Status 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM IPP WG : IPP Driverless Printing Extensions v2.0 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM Break / Lunch 12:45 PM to 2:15 PM IPP WG : IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 Thursday 19 August 2021 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM IDS WG : Status and Discussion / PWG HCD Security Guidelines v1.0 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM Break / Lunch 12:45 PM to 2:00 PM IPP WG: 3D Printing Liaison: Status and Guidance 2:00 PM to 2:15 PM IPP WG : Next Steps
* 2019-2021 Term -- PWG Chair: Smith Kennedy (HP Inc) -- PWG Vice-Chair: Jeremy Leber (Lexmark) -- PWG Secretary: Ira McDonald (High North) * Anyone interested in serving in a PWG Officer role? Reach out to email@example.com!
* 28 members (27 voting, 1 non-voting)
* Thanks to all of you for contributing your time and efforts to the PWG!
* 2021 Meeting Schedule -- 9-11 November 2021: Virtual F2F * 2022 Meeting Schedule -- 8-10 February 2022 - Virtual F2F -- 10-12 May 2022 – Joint PWG/OpenPrinting - Lexington? Sunnyvale? -- 16-18 August 2022 - Virtual F2F -- 15-17 November 2022 - Virtual F2F * Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in hosting a PWG F2F event
* 725 Printers now certified! -- https://www.pwg.org/printers -- More on the way! * IPP Everywhere™ Self Certification 1.1 Update 3 -- Released 17 May 2021; approved 16 June 2021 -- Mandatory for certification starting 1 July 2021 --- IPP Everywhere v1.0 Certifications no longer accepted -- Pending Self-Cert v1.1 Update 4 to address an issue with the ippevesubmit tool --- (workaround available) * IPP Everywhere v2.0 scoping and requirements in development
** Best Practices * Job Accounting with IPP v1.0 -- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/informational/bpippaccounting10-20210205-5199.11.pdf
* PWG on GitHub -- https://github.com/istopwg * IPP Sample -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample * IPP Everywhere™ Self-Certification Tools -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippeveselfcert * IPP Registry -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippregistry * PWG Books: -- https://github.com/istopwg/pwg-books
*** IDS WG (Alan Sukert) - see Plenary slides
* Officers -- IDS WG Chair: Alan Sukert (Independent) -- IDS WG Vice-Chair: TBD -- IDS WG Secretary: Alan Sukert (Independent) -- IDS WG Document Editors: Ira McDonald (High North) – HCD Security Guidelines * Current Charter -- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/charter/ch-ids-charter-20190826.pdf --- To reflect development of HCD Security Guidelines by Ira * Current Status -- Focus now is on Common Criteria HCD Protection Profiles -- IDS Charter updated to focus the IDS WG on outreach with other standards bodies involved in HCD security issues --- Monitoring development of Common Criteria Hardcopy Device collaborative PP (cPP) and Supporting Document (SD) --- Looking at initiating interface with other standards efforts related to hardcopy devices -- IDS Meetings --- IDS Meetings held on 05/27, 06/10, 06/24, 07/08, 08/05 --- Next IDS call scheduled for 09/02/21 -- HCD international Technical Committee (iTC) Bi-Weekly Meetings --- HCD iTC holds weekly HCD iTC Meetings ---- Goal is to develop, review and publish an HCD cPP/SD v1.0 by Q1 2022 --- Will discuss the results of the weekly HCD iTC Meetings held since last IDS F2F and current HCD cPP/SD v1.0 status at the IDS F2F Session on Thursday 08/19/21 -- Developing HCD Security Guidelines to provide guidance on current HCD security technology and security issues --- Will review the latest status at the IDS F2F session -- IDS F2F session Will also discuss current status on HCD-related standards efforts of the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) and Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) * Next steps -- Next IDS call scheduled for Thursday 09/02/21 at 3pm US Eastern
*** IPP WG (Ira McDonald, Mike Sweet) - see Plenary slides
* New charter -- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/charter/ch-ipp-charter-20210409.pdf -- IPP WG is chartered with development of IPP, maintenance of various SNMP MIBs, and maintenance of the PWG Semantic Model * Officers -- IPP WG Co-Chair: Paul Tykodi (TCS) -- IPP WG Co-Chair: Ira McDonald (High North) -- IPP WG Secretary: Michael Sweet (Lakeside Robotics) * Specifications in development -- IPP/2.0 Fourth Edition -- IPP Driverless Printing Extensions v2.0 -- IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents v1.0 -- IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 -- IPP Finishings v3.0 -- IPP Production Printing Extensions v2.0 * Recently published: -- PWG 5199.11-2021: Job Accounting with IPP v1.0 * Up-to-date pending IANA registrations online -- http://www.pwg.org/ipp/ipp-registrations.xml * IPP Everywhere Printer Self-Certifications: -- https://www.pwg.org/printers -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippeveselfcert * IPP Sample Code: -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample * Next steps -- Next IPP conference calls on Thursday 08/26/21 and 09/09/21 at 3pm US Eastern
* OpenPrinting celebrates 20 years of printing work! -- https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/contributions/748/attachments/ 681/1265/20-Years-on-Printing-with-Free-Software.pdf * OpenPrintingGoogle Summer of Code 2021 -- https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/ -- GSoC 2021 completes on 31 August 2021 -- See Aveek’s GSoC presentation tomorrow at 10am US Eastern * OpenPrinting CUPS -- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups/releases/tag/v2.3.3op2 -- Current release is OP CUPS v2.3.3op2 on 1 February 2021 * OpenPrinting CUPS Filters -- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cupsfilters/releases/tag/1.28.9 -- Current release is OP CUPS Filters v1.28.9 on 15 June 2021 * OpenPrinting PAPPL (Printer Application) -- https://github.com/michaelrsweet/pappl/releases/tag/v1.0.3 -- Current release is OP PAPPL v1.0.3 on 21 April 2021 * OpenPrinting PostScript Printer Application -- https://github.com/OpenPrinting/ps-printer-app -- Nearly feature complete
*** Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) (Ira McDonald) - see IDS WG slides
*** Mopria (Smith Kennedy) - see Plenary slides
* Mopria liaison to PWG : Michael Rhines (Qualcomm) * New 2-year liaison agreement signed 3 April 2020 * PWG Chair presented at the Fall 2021 Mopria Member Meeting * No official areas of active work between the two groups currently
* America Makes & ANSI Additive Manufacturing Standardization Collaborative (AMSC) -- https://www.ansi.org/standards_activities/standards_boards_panels/amsc/ Default?menuid=3 -- IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group is participating in the AMSC initiative * ASTM Committee F42 on Additive Manufacturing Technologies -- https://www.astm.org/COMMITTEE/F42.htm * INCITS Digital Manufacturing Technical Committee -- https://www.incits.org/committees/digitalmanufacturing * 3MF Consortium -- https://www.3mf.io