- Aveek Basu (Lexmark, OP GSoC Guru, call-in) - Zdenek Dohnal (Redhat, OP GSoC Mentor, call-in) - Till Kamppeter (Canonical, OP Manager, call-in) - Sean Kau (Google, call-in) - Smith Kennedy (HP Inc, PWG Chair, call-in) - Jeremy Leber (Lexmark, PWG Vice-Chair, call-in) - Ira McDonald (High North, PWG Secretary, IPP WG Co-Chair, OP Chair, call-in) - Marc Mulders (Konica Minolta, call-in) - Michael Rhines (Qualcomm, call-in) - Anthony Suarez (Kyocera Document Solutions, call-in) - Alan Sukert (Independent, IDS WG Chair, call-in) - Mike Sweet (Lakeside Robotics, IPP WG Secretary, call-in) - Paul Tykodi (TCS, IPP WG Co-Chair, call-in) - Bill Wagner (TIC, former Cloud WG Chair, former WIMS WG Chair, call-in) - Uli Wehner (Ricoh, call-in) - Steven Young (Canon, call-in)
This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy. This was a PWG Virtual F2F meeting with WebEx and Audio bridges. These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald.
See slides at:
* Reviewed agenda and PWG IP Policy -- Ira McDonald as minute taker -- All times are US Eastern Time (not Mountain Time) Tuesday 4 May 2021 10:00 – 11:00 PWG Plenary 11:00 – 12:00 OpenPrinting Plenary 12:00 – 12:45 Lunch 12:45 – 1:30 OpenPrinting: GSoC, GSoD, and LFMP Project Updates 1:30 – 2:30 OpenPrinting: Status of Ghostscript and MuPDF 2:30 – 3:00 Break 3:00 – 4:00 OpenPrinting: Status of Chrome OS Printing Wednesday 5 May 2021 10:00 – 11:00 OpenPrinting: CUPS Plenary 11:00 – 12:00 OpenPrinting: Printer Applications 12:00 – 12:45 Lunch 12:45 – 2:15 OpenPrinting: cups-filters, Driverless Scanning, CUPS Snap, ippusbxd, ipp-usb, Avahi 2:15 – 2:30 IPP WG: Status / IPP Everywhere v1.1 Status 2:30 – 3:00 Break 3:00 – 4:00 IPP WG : Evolution of IPP/2.0 and IPP Everywhere v2.0 Thursday 6 May 2021 10:00 – 12:00 IDS WG : Status and Discussion /df PWG Hardcopy Device Security Guidelines v1.0 12:00 – 12:45 Lunch 12:45 – 1:15 IPP WG: IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents v1.0 1:15 – 2:15 IPP WG: Cloud Printing and Scanning BoF 2:15 – 2:45 Break 2:45 – 4:00 IPP WG : IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 Friday 7 May 2021 10:00 – 12:00 IPP WG : 3D Scanning and Production BoF 12:00 – 12:45 Break / Lunch 12:45 – 2:15 IPP WG : IPP Driverless Printing Extensions v2.0 2:15 – 2:45 Break 2:45 – 3:15 IPP WG : IPP Production Printing Extensions v2.0 3:15 – 3:30 IPP WG : Next Steps
-- PWG Chair: Smith Kennedy (HP Inc) -- PWG Vice-Chair: Jeremy Leber (Lexmark) -- PWG Secretary: Ira McDonald (High North) * Anyone interested in serving in a PWG Officer role? Reach out to email@example.com!
* 28 members (27 voting, 1 non-voting)
* Thanks to all of you for contributing your time and efforts to the PWG!
* 2021 Meeting Schedule -- 17-29 August 2021: Virtual F2F -- 9-11 November 2021: Virtual F2F * 2022 Meeting Schedule -- 8-10 February 2022 - Virtual F2F -- 10-12 May 2022 – Joint PWG/OpenPrinting - Lexington? Sunnyvale? -- 16-18 August 2022 - Virtual F2F -- TBD November 2022 - Virtual F2F * Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in hosting a PWG F2F event
* 692 Printers now certified! -- Lexmark registered its first 92 IPP Everywhere v1.1 certified products on 21 October 2020! -- https://www.pwg.org/printers -- More on the way! * IPP Everywhere™ Self Certification 1.0 Update 5 -- Released June 2020; approved August 2020 -- Valid for certification until 30 June 2021 * IPP Everywhere™ Self Certification 1.1 Update 2 -- Released 7 October 2020; approved 22 October 2020 -- Mandatory for certification starting 1 July 2021 * IPP Everywhere v2.0 scoping and requirements in development
** Best Practices * Job Accounting with IPP v1.0 -- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/informational/bpippaccounting10-20210205-5199.11.pdf
* PWG on GitHub -- https://github.com/istopwg * IPP Sample -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample * IPP Everywhere™ Self-Certification Tools -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippeveselfcert * IPP Registry -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippregistry * PWG Books: -- https://github.com/istopwg/pwg-books
*** IDS WG (Alan Sukert) - see Plenary slides
* Officers -- IDS WG Chair: Alan Sukert (Independent) -- IDS WG Vice-Chair: TBD -- IDS WG Secretary: Alan Sukert (Independent) -- IDS WG Document Editors: Ira McDonald (High North) – HCD Security Guidelines * Current Charter -- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/charter/ch-ids-charter-20190826.pdf --- To reflect development of HCD Security Guidelines by Ira * Current Status -- Focus now is on Common Criteria HCD Protection Profiles --- IDS Charter updated to focus the IDS WG on outreach with other standards bodies involved in HCD security issues --- Monitoring development of Common Criteria Hardcopy Device collaborative PP (cPP) and Supporting Document (SD) --- Looking at initiating interface with other standards efforts related to hardcopy devices -- IDS Meetings --- IDS Meetings held on 02/18, 03/04, 03/18, 04/01, 04/15, 04/29 --- Next IDS call tentatively scheduled for 05/27/2021 -- HCD international Technical Committee (iTC) Bi-Weekly Meetings --- HCD iTC holds weekly HCD iTC Meetings ---- Goal is to develop, review and publish an HCD cPP/SD v1.0 by Q1 2022 --- Will discuss the results of the weekly HCD iTC Meetings held since last IDS F2F and current HCD cPP/SD v1.0 status at the IDS F2F Session on Thursday 05/06/21 --- Developing HCD Security Guidelines to provide guidance on current HCD security technology and security issues --- Will also discuss current status on HCD-related standards efforts of the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) and Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) -- Developing PWG HCD Security Guidelines to provide guidance on current security technology and security issues --- Will review the latest status at the IDS F2F Session on on Thursday 05/06/21 * Next steps -- Next IDS call tentatively scheduled for Thursday 05/27/21 at 3pm US Eastern
*** IPP WG (Ira McDonald) - see Plenary slides
* New charter -- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/charter/ch-ipp-charter-20210409.pdf -- IPP WG is chartered with development of IPP and maintenance of various SNMP MIBs * Officers -- IPP WG Co-Chair: Paul Tykodi (TCS) -- IPP WG Co-Chair: Ira McDonald (High North) -- IPP WG Secretary: Michael Sweet (Lakeside Robotics) * Specifications in development -- IPP/2.0 Fourth Edition -- IPP Driverless Printing Extensions v2.0 -- IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents v1.0 -- IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 -- IPP Finishings v3.0 -- IPP Production Printing Extensions v2.0 * Recently published: -- PWG 5199.11-2021: Job Accounting with IPP v1.0 * Up-to-date pending IANA registrations online -- http://www.pwg.org/ipp/ipp-registrations.xml * IPP Everywhere Printer Self-Certifications: -- https://www.pwg.org/printers -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippeveselfcert * IPP Sample Code: -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample * Next steps -- Next IPP conference calls on Thursday 05/20/21 and 06/03/21 at 3pm US Eastern
*** Trusted Computing Group (TCG) (Ira McDonald) - see IDS WG slides
*** Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) (Ira McDonald) - see IDS WG slides
*** Mopria (Smith Kennedy) - see Plenary slides
* Mopria liaison to PWG : Michael Rhines (Qualcomm) * New 2-year liaison agreement signed 3 April 2020 * PWG Chair presented at the November 2020 Mopria Member Meeting * Continuing email discussions concerning "client-info" as a proposed successor to "document-format-details"
*** INCITS TC (Paul Tykodi) - see Plenary slides
* PWG / INCITS TC Liaison established 15 April 2020 * Paul Tykodi will represent the PWG in INCITS TC activities * INCITS Digital Manufacturing Technical Committee -- The IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group has established a liaison relationship with INCITS Digital Manufacturing Technical Committee https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200505006085/en/InterNational-Committee- Information-Technology-Standards-INCITS-IEEEISTO. --- The INCITS Digital Manufacturing Technical Committee meets monthly (third Tuesday of the month from 12pm to 2pm US EDT) -- The INCITS Digital Manufacturing TC is currently deciding on a digital manufacturing standards development project to pursue. The PWG has put forward an idea about the two organizations potentially collaborating on an IPP 3D Scanning related effort. -- The INCITS Digital Manufacturing TC is the current US TAG for ISO/IEC JTC 1 WG 12 (3D Printing and Scanning). The Printer Working Group is monitoring the activities of JTC 1 WG 12 via the INCITS liaison relationship. --- ISO/IEC JTC 1 WG 12 3D Printing and Scanning eCommittee - https://www.web3d.org/sites/default/files/attachment/node/2326/edit/ 06_ByoungNamLee_JTC1_WG12_report_3D_Printing_and_ScanningSeoulJanuary2019.pdf
*** 3D / Additive Manufacturing Liaisons (Paul Tykodi) - see Plenary slides
* America Makes & ANSI Additive Manufacturing Standardization Collaborative (AMSC) -- https://www.ansi.org/standards_activities/standards_boards_panels/amsc/Default?menuid=3 -- The IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group is participating in the AMSC initiative * ASTM Committee F42 on Additive Manufacturing Technologies -- https://www.astm.org/COMMITTEE/F42.htm -- The IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group standardization efforts intersect with the activities of at least two ASTM F42 subcommittees: --- Subcommittee F42.08 Data --- Subcommittee F42.91 Terminology -- The purpose of the liaison agreement is to keep the standardization efforts of ASTM F42 and the IEEE-ISTO PWG synchronized in areas where both organizations are actively working. * 3MF Consortium -- https://www.3mf.io
*** Possible Future 3D / Additive Manufacturing Liaisons (Paul Tykodi) - see Plenary slides
* PDF Association - https://www.pdfa.org/ -- Paul Tykodi has been asked by the 3D PDF Consortium and PDF Association to chair an ad hoc for ISO TC171 SC2. The purpose of the ad hoc is to investigate how PDF files support 3D content stored within them and to make possible recommendations for enhancing future ISO 32000 (PDF standard) support for metadata describing 3D content placed into a PDF file. -- The PDF Association has taken over the role of US TAG for ISO TC171 SC2 from the 3D PDF Consortium. Paul Tykodi was asked to join the PDF Consortium as a member, in order to be allowed to create a PDF Association liaison working group, in support of the information gathering needs of the ad hoc. Once the ad hoc completes its efforts, the longer-term strategy for the PWG would likely be to create a liaison with the PDF Association. * ISO TC171 SC2 WG12 (PDF Metadata) - https://www.iso.org/committee/53674.html -- The IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group has been asked to form a Category C liaison with ISO TC171 SC2 in order to participate in a new foundational metadata for 3D content contained in a PDF file standardization effort to be undertaken by WG12. This request is currently on hold pending the outcome of the research to be performed by the ad hoc described above. * Society of Manufacturing Engineers (iRAMP) – www.sme.org/iramp/ -- Interactive Rapid Additive Manufacturing Portal * America Makes - AMNOW -- Press Release – Nov 2019 - https://www.americamakes.us/ncdmm-and-catalystconnection- announce-next-phase-of-amnow-program-tosupport-additive-manufacturing-technology- insertion-into-theu-s-army-supply-chain/ -- AMNOW initiative working on piloting 3D Printers as "Blackbox" devices. Possible opportunity to develop IPP 2.2 device capability for the IPP 3D Specification as part of AMNOW activities.