- Danny Brennan (IBM) - Zdenek Dohnal (Red Hat - call in) - Gupta Gyaneshwar (Oki Data, call-in) - Sean Kau (Google) - Smith Kennedy (HP Inc, PWG Chair) - Jeremy Leber (Lexmark) - Shirleen Lou (Google) - Ira McDonald (High North, PWG Secretary, IPP WG Co-Chair, OP Chair) - Alan Sukert (Xerox, PWG Vice-Chair, IDS WG Chair) - Mike Sweet (Apple, IPP WG Secretary) - Paul Tykodi (TCS, IPP WG Co-Chair, call-in) - Bill Wagner (TIC, former Cloud WG and WIMS WG Chair) - David Valleau (Google) - Michael Vrhel (Artifex) - Rick Yardumian (Canon)
This meeting was announced and chaired by Smith Kennedy. This was a joint PWG/Open Printing F2F meeting with WebEx and Audio bridges. These minutes were prepared by Ira McDonald with much help from Mike Sweet and Smith Kennedy.
See slides at:
-- Ira McDonald as minute taker -- All times are Pacific Daylight Time 15 May 2018, Tuesday 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM PWG Plenary 10:15 AM – 10:30 AM Break 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM IPP WG: 3D Printing Topics / IPP 3D v1.1 / PWG Safe G-Code 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM OpenPrinting: Plenary 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM OpenPrinting: Status of Ghostscript/MuPDF 2:30 PM – 2:45 PM Break 2:45 PM – 3:45 PM OpenPrinting: CUPS Plenary 3:45 PM – 4:30 PM OpenPrinting: cups-filters 4:30 PM – 5:15 PM OpenPrinting: Google Summer of Code 2018 16 May 2018, Wednesday 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM IPP WG: Status and Sample Code Demo 10:30 AM – 10:45 AM Break 10:45 AM – 12:00 PM IPP WG: System Service 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM IPP WG: Encrypted Jobs and Documents 2:30 PM – 2:45 PM Break 2:45 PM – 3:15 PM IPP WG: Job Reprint Password 3:15 PM – 5:00 PM IPP WG: IPP Everywhere v1.1 17 May 2018, Thursday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM IDS WG: Status and Discussion 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM IPP WG: How to Use the Internet Printing Protocol 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM IPP WG: IPP Authentication Methods 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM IPP WG: Next Steps
* 2018 Meeting Schedule (tentative) -- August 22-23 : TBD – physical or virtual -- November 14-15 : TBD – physical or virtual * 2019 Meeting Schedule (tentative) -- February 12-14 : TBD - physical or virtual -- May 14-16: Sunnyvale? - physical * Discussion -- F2F meeting attendance in August / September/ October / November --- Only 2 Yes and a few Maybe from straw poll in meeting room --- Go virtual for remaining 2018 meetings?ACTION: Smith to do a Survey Monkey / Doodle poll for 2018 PWG meetings
- Discussion -- Announced merger of Fuji Xerox and Xerox
- PWG Chair: Smith Kennedy (HP Inc) - PWG Vice-Chair: Alan Sukert (Xerox) - PWG Secretary: Ira McDonald (High North)
* IPP Everywhere™ Self-Certification Tools 1.0 Update 2 available -- Current certification toolset available on PWG website * 272 Printers now certified! -- https://www.pwg.org/dynamo/eveprinters.php -- More on the way (smile) * IPP Everywhere™ Self Certification Tools 1.0 Update 3 - Q2/Q3 2018 * IPP Everywhere™ v1.1 – Q4 2018 * IPP Everywhere™ Self Certification Tools 1.1 – Q2 2019
* Github PWG organization account -- https://github.com/istopwg * IPP Sample -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample * IPP Everywhere™ Self-Certification Tools -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippeveselfcert * IPP Registry -- https://github.com/istopwg/ippregistry * PWG Books: -- https://github.com/istopwg/pwg-books
*** IDS WG (Alan Sukert) - see Plenary slides
* Review original IDS charter goals -- IDS WG Charter was revised in July 2017 -- IDS WG is "active" again with a revised mission * Focus now is on Common Criteria HCD Protection Profiles -- IDS Charter updated to focus the IDS WG on outreach with other standards bodies involved in HCD security issues --- Need to determine other applicable standards bodies that IDS WG could/should outreach with * HCD Technical Committee (TC) Meetings -- 5 April 2018 IDS Call to help prepare for the 25 April 2018 HCD TC F2F -- 25 April 2018 HCD TC F2F during 24-26 April 2018 CCUF in Trondheim, Norway -- 8 May 2018 HCD TC Meeting in conjunction with ICMC in Ottawa, Canada * Next Steps -- Will hold an IDS WG / HCD TC calls in summer 2018 - dates TBD
*** IPP WG (Ira McDonald) - see Plenary slides
* IPP WG Charter was revised in June 2017 -- minor update for current work items * 3D Printing -- IPP 3D Printing Extensions v1.1 -- PWG Safe G-Code Subset for 3D Printing * IPP Everywhere™ -- IPP Everywhere™ v1.1 -- IPP Everywhere™ Printer Self-Certification Manual v1.1 * New IPP Services -- IPP System Service v1.0 (SYSTEM) - Prototype Draft --- Mike is actively prototyping in ippserver * Other informational documents -- IPP Authentication Methods -- IPP Encrypted Jobs and Documents -- IPP Job Reprint Password -- How to Use the Internet Printing Protocol * Next steps -- IPP WG call on Thursday 7 June 2018 at 3:00-4:30pm US Eastern -- IPP WG call on Thursday 21 June 2018 at 3:00-4:30pm US Eastern
* Next TCG Members Meetings (face-to-face) -- 18-22 June 2018 – San Diego, CA – Ira to call in (conflicts w/ ESCAR) -- 15-19 October 2018 – Lisbon, Portugal – Ira to call in * Trusted Mobility Solutions (TMS) - Ira is co-chair and co-editor -- Scope: mobile phones, telecom networks, enterprise/financial -- Formal liaisons: ATIS (in progress), ETSI (NFV), Global Platform (TEE and SE), OMA (device mgmt), Mobey Forum (banking/payments) -- Informal liaisons: 3GPP, ITU-T, SAE, IETF TLS, IETF SACM, US NIST -- TCG TMS Use Cases v2 – to be published in May/June 2018 * Mobile Platform (MPWG) - Ira is co-editor -- Scope: mobile phones, telecom networks -- Formal liaisons - Global Platform (TEE), Mobey Forum (banking) -- Mobile Runtime Integrity Preservation - public review in Q2/Q3 2018 * TCG Recent Specifications -- http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/resources -- TCG SNMP MIB for TPM-based Attestation - public review May 2018 -- TCG Device Identifier Composition Engine - published March 2018 -- TCG Protection Profile PC Client TPM v1.1 - public review March 2018 -- TCG Guidance Securing Network Equipment - published January 2018
*** Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) (Ira McDonald) - see Plenary slides
* Next IETF Members Meetings -- IETF 102 - 14-20 July 2018 - Montreal, CA - Ira to call in -- IETF 103 – 3-9 November 2018 - Bangkok, Thailand - Ira to call in * Transport Layer Security (TLS) -- TLS/1.3 - RFC Editor’s Queue - IETF LC completed - draft-28 - March 2018 --- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-tls13/ * Security Automation and Continuous Monitoring (SACM) -- S/W Inventory Message & Attributes for PA-TNC - draft-05 - April 2018 --- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sacm-nea-swima-patnc/ -- Concise Software Identifiers - draft-05 - March 2018 --- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sacm-coswid/ * Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) -- Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) - draft-02 – March 2018 --- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-7049bis/ -- Concise Data Definition Danguage (CDDL) - draft-02 - February 2018 --- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-cddl * Constrained RESTful Environments (CORE) -- CBOR Encoding of Data Modeled with YANG - draft-06 - February 2018 --- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor/ * IRTF Crypto Forum Research Group (CFRG) - future algorithms -- XMSS: Extended Hash-Based Signatures - RFC Editor’s Queue - April 2018 --- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-xmss-hash-based-signatures/
*** Mopria (Smith Kennedy) - see Plenary slides
* Jeremy Reitz (Xerox) is the newly appointed Mopria liaison to the PWG -- Smith Kennedy and Jeremy Reitz spoke on 14 May 2018 (yesterday) and have set up some time to discuss next steps for collaboration * Partnership Opportunities -- Test tools? -- IPP Everywhere v1.1 and Mopria? -- IPP Extensions? * PWG Chair presented to Mopria Technical Working Group on 26 July 2017 -- "The Internet Printing Protocol in 2017: An Overview" --- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/presentations/ PWG-2017-IPP-Overview-20170725.pdf -- Update for 2018?
*** America Makes & ANSI Additive Manufacturing Standardization Collaborative (AMSC) (Paul Tykodi) - see Plenary slides
* America Makes – quoted From their web site: -- "Established in 2012 and based in Youngstown, Ohio, America Makes is the flagship Institute for Manufacturing USA, the National Network for Manufacturing Innovation, infrastructure of up to 45 Institutes to follow and is driven by the National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining (NCDMM)." -- America Makes is a membership driven public – private partnership. While it collaborates with SDO’s (Standards Developing Organizations), it does not develop standards itself. Much of the information created as part of different America Makes sponsored projects is only made available to paying members. * America Makes & ANSI Additive Manufacturing Standardization Collaborative (AMSC) -- https://www.ansi.org/standards_activities/standards_boards_panels/amsc/Default?menuid=3 -- The IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group is participating in the AMSC initiative * AMSC Version 2.0 Work Effort is scheduled to conclude in June 2018 with the publication of the updated 2.0 AMSC roadmap
*** RAPID + TCT Conference - 23-26 April 2018 - Ft. Worth, TX (Paul Tykodi) - see Plenary slides
* SME profiled the work of AMSC via a Forum on Tuesday 24 April 2018 -- PWG was represented at RAPID + TCT by Paul Tykodi -- Paul Tykodi was invited to present on the topic "IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG: Process-Declaring Workflow Intent and Querying Device Capabilities" * SME unveiled their new ITEAM Concept at the RAPID + TCT on 23 April 2018 -- "The group agreed on the need and that SME is uniquely positioned to serve as the unbiased, trusted 3rd party in the AM community. To further that effort, SME will stand up the Additive Manufacturing Consortium for the Independent Technical Evaluation of Additive Manufacturing (ITEAM). This consortium will include industry thought leaders from various industries. ITEAM, with the support of the Florida Institute of Technology (FIT), will create a platform to enable inquiry and analysis, education, community forums, and training. This provides an unbiased assessment of AM technology, materials, processes and equipment for AM users and adopters."
*** ISO/IEC JTC 1 3D Printing and Scanning Study Group (Paul Tykodi) - see Plenary slides
* 32nd Meeting of ISO/IEC JTC 1, 2-6 October 2017 in Vladivostok, Russia -- "Resolution 11 – Establishment of JTC 1/WG 12 on 3D Printing and Scanning Contingent upon approval of a relevant NWIP, JTC 1 establishes JTC 1 Working Group 12 on 3D Printing and Scanning with the following Terms of Reference: 1. Serve as a focus of and proponent for JTC 1’s standardization program on 3D Printing and Scanning. 2. Develop ICT related foundational standards for 3D Printing and Scanning upon which other standards can be developed. 3. Develop other 3D Printing and Scanning standards that are built upon the foundational standards when relevant ISO and IEC committees that could address these standards do not exist or are unable to develop them. 4. Identify gaps and opportunities in 3D Printing and Scanning standardization. 5. Develop and maintain liaisons with all relevant ISO and IEC committees as well as with external organizations that have interests in 3D Printing and Scanning. 6. Engage with 3D Printing and Scanning communities to raise awareness of JTC 1 standardization efforts and provide an open platform for discussion and further cooperation. 7. Develop and maintain a list of existing 3D Printing and Scanning standards produced and standards development projects underway in ISO TCs, IEC TCs and JTC 1." -- "JTC 1 appoints Byoung Nam Lee to serve as Convenor of JTC 1 Working Group 12 on 3D Printing and Scanning." -- "To continue to progress the topic of 3D Printing and Scanning in a timely manner, the Study Group on 3D Printing and Scanning will remain in place, with Byoung Nam Lee as Convenor, pending the approval of an NWIP. Once an NWIP has been approved, the Study Group on 3D Printing and Scanning is disbanded and the JTC 1 Working Group 12 Convenor will work with ITTF to formally establish Working Group 12 within the ISO system."
*** ISO TC171 SC2 (Paul Tykodi) - see Plenary slides
* Potential Collaboration -- Possible opportunity to work with ISO TC171 SC 2 in collaboration with 3DPDF Consortium, ISO/IEC JTC 1 SG3, TC130 WG 2 TF 5, AMSC, ASME 14.41.1 work group, and US DoD/Supplier committee currently defining a Technical Data Package (TDP) Specification for interchange of files with 3D content -- Met with Martin Bailey (convenor of TC130 WG 2 TF 5 effort) in June 2017 to discuss possible opportunity for collaboration and to share PWG 3D Print Ticket draft standard information -- JDFMAP provides possible roadmap for future collaboration
*** IEEE P3030 (Paul Tykodi) - see Plenary slides
* Potential Collaboration -- Possible Opportunity to work with IEEE P3030 Project (3D Consumer Printer Standardization Effort Sponsored by IEEE Consumer Electronics Society --- https://cesoc.ieee.org/ -- IEEE CES is a completely different organization from the CES that sponsors the Consumer Electronics Show each year in Las Vegas -- PWG participated remotely in first P3030 F2F meeting in early January 2018