Subject: PWG> CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS, PAPERS, PARTICIPATION: CDP/IOC'98

From: Raymond Lutz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 10:41:54 -0700

===========================================
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS OR TECHNICAL PAPERS
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS OR EXHIBITORS
===========================================

EVENT: CDP/IOC’98:
Converging Digital Peripherals/ Integrated Office Conference ‘98

WHEN:
October 13 - 15, 1998 

WHERE:
Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel in Boston, MA

COSPONSORED BY:
MFPA, Multifunction Peripheral Association (non-profit) and
CAP Ventures

SUMMARY:
This conference uniquely targets the Multifunction Peripheral (MFP)
marketplace and technology. MFPs are combinations of single-function
peripherals, such as combined printer, scanner, facsimile, copier,
telephone, and/or internet appliance. This is the fourth annual conference
for MFPA and is the first cooperative conference with CAP Ventures, a
leading market research firm. This 3-day event promises to be the most
widely attended event with focus in this market area.

ATTENDEES:
The attendees of the conference will be market strategists, business
planners, engineering managers and other corporate staff that is in the
multifunction industry, from peripheral manufacturers, to application
developers, to software driver and technology suppliers, to ASIC and
specialized hardware suppliers, to internet technology suppliers, and to
host and peripheral operating system vendors.

PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE:
The purpose of this notice is to notify you of the event and invite you and
your company to participate by providing a presentation, sitting on a
panel, moderating a session, exhibiting, or attending.

CONTACTS:
Technical Presentations: 
	Kathleen Cuban, 800-603-MFPA or 619-447-1127 or [email-masked]
	or Raymond Lutz, [email-masked]
Marketing Presentations, exhibiting or attending:
	Allison Jones (781-871-9000 x208) or [email-masked]
See also:
	http://www.mfpa.org
	http://www.capv.com

TOPICS AND OPPORTUNITIES:
The following list of topics has been proposed as the outline of the event,
with respect to the technical content. CAP Ventures is lining up speakers
for the marketing content of the event. Please contact either CAPV or MFPA
if you would like to provide a market-overview presentation. The conference
committee is open to late-breaking and news-worthy topics that are outside
the topics of this outline.

    =====================================================
    If your company is interested in presenting on any of
    the topics below or related topics, please contact us.
    =====================================================

Note: Some sessions are already filled with speakers, if shown below. These
are included as a guide to your thinking. In some cases, the sessions are
panels that you can participate in even if a company is shown.

MFP Technology
--------------
* Windows-CE: How Windows-CE impacts MFP development (Microsoft)

* MFP-based technology panel: firmware/software/asics/architecture suites  

* IEEE-1394: Technical update and overview

* JetSend: Technical update and overview (HP)

* MFP-oriented Compression Data Conversion, including ASICS (Pixel Magic)

* Modular MFP: Scanners plugging into printers/1394 enabled/color space
conversions.

* New Printing Technologies: Color printing engine technologies and the
impact on MFP controller.

* Telecom/Modem - Standards update: Overview of current standards, V.8bis
connection, etc.

* Color Management Architecture, panel w/presentations
(Microsoft/Adobe/HP/Kodak)

Network/Internet/Intranet/Web
-----------------------------
* WAN/Internet/LAN Citizenship: Office device a good network citizen.
Service location and management

* Internet Printing: IPP and flavors

* Network Device Management, mibs and other technologies
	job-mib/ finishing-mib/ scanner-mib /copier-mib /mib testing
	new stories about printer-mib

* Internet/Web Integration: Embedded Java/ Web-based administration
utilities/ Web-TV opportunity

* Internet-fax: Technology review, approaches, tradeoffs (ITU-T vs. IETF)

* Host Issues: Future operation systems: Win98, NT-5, Windows-CE as host
(Microsoft)

* Host-Based API: Connectivity software/driver issues

* Host-based Suites or Applications for MFP support

* Security: Overview of security, how it works and issues for use in MFP

Hope to see you there.
Respectfully submitted,
Raymond Lutz

**====================================================================
** Raymond Lutz                             Voice: 619-447-3246
** Adaptra Corporation                      Fax:   619-447-6872 
** 1010 Old Chase Ave., Suite B             mailto:[email-masked]
** El Cajon (San Diego Cty), CA 92020 USA   http://www.adaptra.com
**
** THE INFORMATION IN THIS EMAIL MAY BE CONFIDENTIAL AND LIMITED BY 
** NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS
**====================================================================