Subject: PWG> MFPA Announces Business Wire to deliver Keynote for IOC '97

From: [email-masked] (Robert Palmer)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 15:38:49 GMT

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Conference Contact:  
Kathie Cuban
The MFPA
Phone:  800-603-MFPA or 619-447-1127
email:  [email-masked]	

Editorial Contact:  
Robert Palmer
Palmer Communications
Phone:  316-729-1838
email:  [email-masked]

BUSINESS WEEK EDITOR TO DELIVER KEYNOTE ADDRESS AT THIS YEAR'S INTEGRATED 
OFFICE CONFERENCE SPONSORED BY THE MFPA
Microsoft Corporation and Hewlett-Packard Company to deliver feature
presentations at this years event in San Diego

San Diego, Calif., September 29, 1997 -- The MultiFunction Peripheral 
Association (MFPA) today announced that Steve Wildstrom, author of Business 
Week's Technology and You section,  will be delivering a keynote talk on 
"The Digital Revolution" and how it is changing the world of distributing 
information.  The keynote address will be delivered at the Third Annual 
Integrated Office Conference, held this year at the Hyatt Islandia in San 
Diego, California.  IOC '97 is the largest and most comprehensive venue 
specifically designed for companies living through the industry-wide 
consolidation of office products and technologies.  The event is sponsored 
by the MFPA, a non-profit association made up of the industry's leading 
manufacturers and technology suppliers.

WHAT:	The Integrated Office Conference '97 - "The Coming of Age"
Attendee's will see technical and marketing presentations rich in content.  
The conference also will feature panel discussions and demonstrations 
addressing the most pertinent technologies fueling the industry-wide 
transition to multifunction office products.  

The theme of the event is "The Coming of Age".  This theme is built around 
the significance of the most recent multifunction product announcements and 
the corporate transition that is underway within the industry's leading 
peripheral vendors.  These vendors have recognized that MFPs represent a 
significant growth opportunity and are currently reorganizing to develop and 
deliver these products to the market.

Conference highlights include:  The Internet Printing Protocol, Internet 
Fax, Interoperability, Digital copying technology, MFP controller design, 
the latest on development standards and MFP market analysis.

WHERE:	The Hyatt Islandia		
San Diego, California

WHEN:	October 22 - 24

TO REGISTER:	MFPA
1010 Old Chase Ave., Suite B
El Cajon, CA  92020
Phone:  800-603-MFPA or 619-447-1127
Fax:  619-447-6872 
email:  [email-masked]
internet:  http://www.mfpa.org

"We are fortunate to get Steve Wildstrom from Business Week to address the 
attendees at IOC '97" said Josh Mailman, President of the Multifunction 
Peripheral Association.  "Mr. Wildstrom has over 25 years experience in 
covering Technology and has reported on the changing landscape of the 
multifunction machine in today's business environments.  As the digital 
revolution comes of age, not only are products changing but the way we are 
able to print and distribute information is changing as well.  Mr. Wildstrom 
will explore how these changes affect the business of printed information."
  	
Along with this important keynote speaker, and presentations from other 
high-profile industry leaders, IOC '97 will provide two featured technology 
sessions from the industry's leading software and hardware manufacturers:
 
Microsoft Corporation
A representative of Microsoft will discuss the company's future plans for 
supporting peripheral devices (including MFPs) and communications protocols 
in upcoming operating system platforms.  This promises to be a very 
informative session for IOC attendees developing multifunction products for 
Windows-based environments.

Hewlett-Packard Company
Representatives from Hewlett-Packard will provide an overview and an 
appliance developers workshop for the company's new JetSend technology.  
Attendee's will hear what this leading peripheral vendor has to say about 
the future of its communications strategy.

IOC '97 will be one of the most important educational and interactive 
workshops for developers and marketers of multifunction products.  Space is 
limited and professionals within the computer peripheral industry are 
encouraged to register now to ensure their spot at this important event.  

For more information contact:  MFPA, 1010 Old Chase Ave., Suite B, El Cajon, 
CA  92020;  Phone:  800-603-MFPA or 619-447-1127;  Fax:  619-447-6872.  Or 
visit our web site at http://www.mfpa.org.

###

Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.  JetSend is a 
trademark of Hewlett-Packard.  All other trademarks are the property of 
their respective owners.

============================================================================
Robert Palmer
Palmer Communications
2830 N. Bellwood
Wichita, KS  67205
316-729-1838 (Voice/Fax)
[email-masked]