Subject: PWG> Info on the June PWG Meetings in the Boston area

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 16:11:45 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,

Following is the current information for the series of PWG meetings
to be held in June:

  Date:  June 23-27

  Location:

     Sheraton Tara Nashua
     Tara Boulevard
     Nashua, NH  03062

     Ph.  603-888-9970
     Fax  603-891-4179

     Rooms: $89.00 per night
     Cutoff date:  6 June 1997

     ===> BE SURE TO ASK FOR THE PWG/UNDERSCORE RATE <===

Meeting Schedule:

     Monday      - P1394
     Tuesday     - P1394
     Wednesday   - IPP
       Wed nite  - UDP
     Thursday    - IPP
       Thu nite  - JMP
     Friday      - PWG/SENSE

Note there are two scheduled *night* sessions.  This could become normal
for the PWG, considering the number of active subgroups and attendant
deadlines.

The hotel is about 5 miles from Underscore's offices, so we're thinking
about holding the Friday SENSE session in our offices so that we can demo
the current work (and let folks kick the tires, etc).  This should also
reduce the meeting costs.  More on this later.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

You can certainly fly into Boston for these meetings; the hotel is
about 40-45 minutes from Boston's Logan International airport.

However, you might very well consider flying into Manchester, NH, as
this is a fairly new (and expanded) airport that is both closer to
Nashua and far easier to deal with than Boston.  We strongly urge you
to consider using Manchester instead of Boston, particularly if you
expect to rent a car and are not used to Boston-area driving rules/habits.

Underscore expects to provide quite a bit more information in the next
week or so, including maps, site-seeing info, travel aids, etc.  Also,
we hope to make arrangements with some local limousine services that will
allow you low-cost, low-hassle transportation without having to rent a
car.

If anyone needs information about other types of hotels (eg, the
Marriott... ;-), please let me know and we'll get you that information.

Please send a "ping" message to me (mailto:[email-masked]) if you are
planning to attend any of the above meetings.  Please include the following
in the message:

  - Which meeting days you will be attending
  - Which hotel you will be staying in

Please try to send me the pings as soon as you can.  Feel free to contact
me at anytime for additional info, etc.

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 18:47:20 -0400 (EDT)

The announcement of the June meetings failed to add this info:

  Meeting room charges are expected to $35-45 per day.

  If you are staying in the hotel, the charges are expected to be added
  to your hotel bill.

  If you are staying at another hotel, please remember to bring a check
  for the total room charges based on the number of days you attend.
  Since we do not yet have the exact per-day room charge, calculate the
  total cost at $40/day, and make the check payable to:  Underscore, Inc.

As of this writing, we have not gotten confirmation from the hotel
about whether they can directly charge the meeting room costs to
everyone's hotel bill.  We're going to assume they can; however, if
that changes then we'll send a note to the PWG list asking everyone to
bring a check for their share of the meeting room charges.

Hopefully direct charges will be possible.

	...jay