Subject: PWG> It is time to re-consider using some electronic forum f

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 19:09:21 -0400

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

Ray Lutz had pointed out a collaborative forums service on the web, but I never
saw anything in there except entries by Ray. I think you can check it out at
www.mfpa.org/forums.html

>With the volume of mail increasing and the fact that teleconferences
>can't be attended by everyone, should we re-examine the idea of using
>some electronic threaded forum software?

>In talking with Keith Moore, it should have a feature where a subscriber
>can get any posting as a mail message and can input any response as a mail
>message.

>Does such a forum exist?

Harry Lewis.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 12:39:45 +0200

>some electronic threaded forum software?

Perhaps we need a recommendation for Email reader software that
does threading well?

All fora I've seen apart from NetNews have the disadvantage that
they're really just in one place; Email is better.

            Harald A