Subject: PWG> DIS ballot for DPA part 3 (ISO/IEC DIS 10175-3)

From: Stan McConell <[email-masked]> (by way of Stan McConell <[email-masked]>)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:00:00 PDT

A Draft International Standard (DIS) has been circulated by ISO for DPA
part 3.  The DIS ballot closes May 19.  I will write the DIS ballot
response for ANSI.  If anyone has comments on the DIS, please e-mail them
to me by the end of the month to give enough time to prepare the response
and move it through the channels.

The objective of the comments is to identify items or areas that need work
- e.g., to fix errors, provide clarification, supply missing items and
correct incompatibilities between this document and DPA part 1 or other
related documents.  At this point, the comments do not need to include
specific, detailed solutions, but you may include them (it does make it
easier down the line).  Once the ballot has closed, assuming it passes, we
can then develop the specific revisions to the document.  Once the
revisions have been incorporated to the satisfaction of ISO, the document
will be published as an International Standard.

I have stored the document files for DPA part 3 on an ftp
server where it is available by anonymous ftp.  The document is stored
in two forms: Adobe PDF and Microsoft Word 6 (compressed by PKzip).  If
anyone would prefer it in RTF or Postscript form, and/or transferred by
e-mail attachment, please let me know.

The URLs for the document (and readme) files are:

   ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/dpa/dpa-part3.dis/dpa-3.pdf   (approx. 356 KB)

   ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/dpa/dpa-part3.dis/dpa-3.zip   (approx. 73 KB)

   ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/dpa/dpa-part3.dis/readme.txt   (approx. 2.1 KB)

[Note: The substantive content of these electronic files is identical to
the content of the printed version distributed by ISO.  However, there is a
slight difference in format between the electronic version and the
ISO-distributed paper version.  This occurred because of font width
differences between the Canon portable used to print the document submitted
to ISO, versus the fonts on any of the other printers I used subsequently.
So I had to restructure the document slightly to avoid having two page 38s,
etc.]

Cheers,

. . . Stan . . .