Subject: PWG> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:19:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
 directories. This draft is a work item of the Printer MIB Working Group of
 the IETF.                                                                 

       Title     : Job Monitoring MIB - V0.81                              
       Author(s) : R. Bergman, T. Hastings, S. Isaacson, H. Lewis
       Filename  : draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-00.txt
       Pages     : 78
       Date      : 04/29/1997

This Internet-Draft specifies a set of 13 SNMP MIB objects for (1) 
monitoring the status and progress of print jobs (2) obtaining resource 
requirements before a job is processed, (3) monitoring resource consumption
while a job is being processed and (4) collecting resource accounting data 
after the completion of a job.  This MIB is intended to be implemented (1) 
in a printer or (2) in a server that supports one or more printers.  Use of
the object set is not limited to printing.  However, support for services 
other than printing is outside the scope of this Job Monitoring MIB.  
Future extensions to this MIB may include, but are not limited to, fax 
machines and scanners.                                                     

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-00.txt
 
Internet-Drafts directories are located at:	
	                                                
     o  Africa:  ftp.is.co.za                    
	                                                
     o  Europe:  ftp.nordu.net            	
                 ftp.nis.garr.it                 
	                                                
     o  Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au               
	                                                
     o  US East Coast: ds.internic.net           
	                                                
     o  US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu               
	                                                
Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.	
	                                                
Send a message to:  [email-masked]. In the body type: 
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-00.txt".
							
NOTE: The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
      how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the Internet-Draft.