Subject: PWG> New PWG mailing list: [email-masked] (Universal Print Driver)

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 13:41:22 -0400 (EDT)

A new PWG email discussion list has been created for the purpose of
discussing the concepts and potential for "Universal Print Driver"
technology.

Note that the formation of this list does not imply that the PWG
has decided to commence a standards development effort in this
technology area.  Rather, the new "upd" mailing list currently
serves as a vehicle for the exchange of ideas among all interested
parties.  (Should a standards effort result from the discussions
on this list, then it is likely that the list will also serve as
the official distribution list for the standards effort.)

Interacting with the "upd" mailing list is the same as for all
other PWG mailing lists.  To subscribe to this new mailing list,
send a message to:

	[email-masked]

The body of the message should contain the following line:

	subscribe upd

The originating email address is then subscribed to the list.
If for some reason an email address other than the originating
address is to be used as the subscribing address, then add the
target address to the end of the above line.

For example, if you have an internal distribution list called
"upd-dist", then you would subscribe that address to this mailing list
by using this line as the message body:

	subscribe upd [email-masked]

Note that when dealing with majordomo, the "Subject:" line is
always ignored (ie, it can be blank).

Once your subscription request is received, you will receive
a message describing the mailing list, as well as instructions
on how to remove yourself from the list at a later date.

Let the discussions begin...

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------