Subject: PWG> Change in Meeting - Reminder

From: Larry Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 14:04:33 -0800

Please note the meeting change for the P1284.3.
This is also a reminder to make your hotel reservations this week and to
RSVP to me directly.
Thank you.

Meeting Notice and Agendas
IEEE P1284.3	IEEE P1284.4	1394PWG	

Sorry for the wide distribution of this notice.  This notice is to provide
information for the IEEE P1284.3 and .4 meetings and to announce the first
working meeting of the new 1394PWG committee.  This meeting schedule is a
departure from our 'regular' meeting schedule.  I'm providing the agendas
for the meetings at the same time so that the new people on the list can
see what will be discussed at each meeting.  If you would like more
information on the committees, please check out the web site at
"http://www.fapo.com/ieee1284.htm".

**************** CHANGED FROM PREVIOUS NOTICE
*************************************
The IEEE P1284.3 committee will NO LONGER be meeting with the .4, PWG and
the 1394PWG groups.  The .3 meeting for February will be two one day
meetings and is scheduled so that most of the attendees can fly in and out
the same day. Each day will have a different focus.

Due to a scheduling problem, the .3 meeting will be held on Feb. 18 and 19,
rather than 2/11.
The 2/18 meeting will focus on the SPI layer and Datalink issues.  The 2/19
meeting will be on timing and hardware issues, as well as draft review.
The next .3 meeting will be one meeting.

The meeting information is:

2/18 P1284.3 Software Agenda:
	1- Datalink requirement changes due to P1284.4 requirements.
	2- Service Provider Interface
	3- SPI Draft review

2/19 P1284.3 Hardware Agenda:
	1- Incorporate timing changes into the spec.
	2- Draft review

	Tuesday and Wednesday, February 18-19
	San Francisco Airport Marriott
	9:30AM to 6:00PM

	Lunch included.
	The meeting cost will be split amoung the attendees.

Please RSVP to me ASAP.  Let me know which meeting(s) you will be attending.
********************* End of Change
*********************************************

The information for the IEEE P1284.4 and 1394PWG meetings is as follows:

P1284.4 Agenda:
	1- Review finite state machine diagarms
	2- Error Handling
	3- Multiple Commands
	4- Draft review

1394PWG Agenda:
This is the first working meeting for this group.  This is my proposed
agenda for the meeting and it is subject to change (particularly after item
4).
	1- Elect Chair (Co-Chair), Secretary and Editor
	2- Review the initial Charter
	3- Discuss coordination of working group with the 
	   PWG, 1394TA and Asian and European companies.
	4- Refine the scope of the project into tasks
	5- Start working.

	IEEE P1284.4	February 24-25
	1394PWG		February 26
        
        Meetings: 8:30AM to 5:00PM

	Embassy Suites
	Orlando Plaza International
	8250 Jamaican Court
	Orlando, Florida 32819

	Ph. 1-407-345-8250
	Fax 1-407-352-1463

	Rooms: $140.00 per night, includes breakfast
	Reservations:  1-800-327-9797
	Cutoff date:  7 February 1997

	BE SURE TO ASK FOR THE IEEE OR THE WARP NINE GROUP.

The meeting charge is TBD ($35-$45 per meeting day).
The charge includes all meeting room expenses, AV charges and break charges.

All attendees are responsible for making their own hotel reservations.

PLEASE RSVP TO ME ([email-masked]) WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
	Name
	Meetings to attend
	Date of arrival
	Date of departure

I need this information to coordinate the catering and the meeting charges.
Thank you,
Larry Stein
*****************************************************************************
Larry A. Stein			Phone: 	(619)292-2740
Warp Nine Engineering		Fax:	(619)292-8020
				Web: 	http://www.fapo.com
*****************************************************************************