Subject: Re: PWG> Draft Printer MIB: replacing the authors with a single

From: "Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 96 15:30:41 MST

Jay wrote...

>You know, I have wondered for quite some time now whether I should make
>it a point to say that an entire section of the Printer MIB was authored
>by myself (ie, the "Role Models" section detailing the approaches for
>analyzing requirements, etc.), not to mention the work on the Channels
>Group (for which I was a "founding" author).

I agree.

I too find it disheartening that the Printer MIB has never acknowledged
that Mike McKay and I co-authored the initial Input, Output, Marker
and Finisher (hence removed) specifications which have endured fairly
in tact from the start. We never actually edited the ultimate RFC
thus were not listed as "authors" but it doesn't seem right to be left
off of the "significant contributors" list!

I'm sure there are others who did much more than just attend, made
significant contributions yet are not listed.

Alas... like Jay, I only wish to seek recognition for my (a-hemm) small
company ;-)

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems