Subject: PWG> Re: Printer MIB Testing and PWG Meeting Alternatives

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 09:00:34 PST

Xerox votes for 1 or 2.

By the way, where is Campbell CA?  Near San Jose?

Thanks,
Tom

At 06:44 11/22/96 PST, Lloyd Young wrote:
>Some people have expressed a desire to combine the Printer MIB interoperability
>testing and a PWG meeting in order to reduce travel. We briefly looked at 
>moving 
>the interoperability testing to line up with either the January or February
PWG 
>meetings (without changing PWG locations) and that does not appear feasible. 
>Therefore the only way to accomplish this is to have the PWG meeting in 
>Campbell, CA. (where Stardust Labs is located). We have located a hotel in
>Campbell that has meeting rooms available the first week of February. We do 
>not want to delay the interoperability testing past the first week of
February. 
>Following are the alternatives that we came up with to accomplish all of this:
>
>Assumptions: The interoperability testing will require 1/2 day of setup
followed
>by 3 days of testing. PWG meetings require minimum of 2 days.
>
>1. Have the interoperability testing the week of January 27th and PWG meetings
>the week of February 3rd (both in Campbell, CA.).
>2. Have both the interoperability test and PWG meetings the week of February 
>2nd. 
>Test setup would be on Sunday February 2nd, interoperability testing Monday 
>through 
>Wednesday, and PWG meetings Thursday and Friday.
>3. Do nothing. Have the interoperability testing the week of January 27th and
>leave the PWG meetings the week of February 19th.
>
>Clearly, options 1 and 2 would mean that the PWG meetings would be canceled
the 
>week of February 19th (IEEE 1394 meeting would still occur on these dates). If
>they are not canceled then the goal of reducing travel was not achieved.
>
>I am going to put this to a vote by the PWG. Majority rules. Because next week
>is a holiday week, voting will close on Tuesday, Dec. 3th. I will inform the
>group on Wednesday, Dec. 4th on the final outcome.
>
>Lloyd Young                       Phone: (606) 232-5150
>Lexmark International Inc.        Fax: (606) 232-6740
>740 New Circle Road NW            internet: [email-masked]
>Lexington, KY 40511
>
>