Subject: PWG> Voting for Feb. Printer Working Group Mtg.

From: Lloyd Young <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Dec 96 11:27:16 EST

The final votes have been tallied for the location of the February
Printer Working Group meeting.

Option 1:   1 vote
Option 2:   7 votes
Option 3:   2 votes

Where again the options were:
1. Have the interoperability testing the week of January 27th and PWG 
meetings the week of February 3rd (both in Campbell, CA.).
2. Have both the interoperability test and PWG meetings the week of 
February 2nd.  Test setup would be on Sunday February 2nd, interoperability 
testing Monday through Wednesday, and PWG meetings Thursday and Friday.
3. Do nothing. Have the interoperability testing the week of January 27th 
and leave the PWG meetings the week of February 19th.

Therefore the option that was selected was to have the Interoperability 
Testing and the Printer Working Group meetings the week of February 2nd.
Chris, Jay and I will coordinate the arrangements for the interoperability 
testing but I need a volunteer to negotiate with the hotel and set up 
the Printer Working Group meeting. If this volunteer will contact me, I 
can send them the information on the hotel that had meeting rooms available 
that week.

Regards,

Lloyd Young                       Phone: (606) 232-5150
Lexmark International Inc.        Fax: (606) 232-6740
740 New Circle Road NW            internet: [email-masked]
Lexington, KY 40511

---

From: Lloyd Young <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Dec 96 7:18:11 EST

Jay,

The reason for the "short fuse" is that the contract must be committed 
by this Friday for the hotel that Larry Stein is negotiating with for 
the February 1284/PWG? meetings. Therefore I have to know by this 
afternoon (Thursday afternoon) what we are going to do. I WILL NOT 
tell Larry that the PWG is not going to participate with the 1284
without an acceptable plan in place for Option 2.

In my note I did not ask that all plans be in place for Option 2 by
noon today but that someone come forward and commit to set up
the meetings. Jay, IF you telling me that you are doing that 
(committing to be responsible for the Option 2 February meeting) 
then that is fine, I will tell Larry that the PWG is not participating 
with the 1284 meetings. However I did not read that in your e-mail.
I will extend the deadline until 4:00 pm EST today (Thursday) but 
the deadline stands - if someone does not commit by 4:00 pm EST 
today (Thursday) to be responsible for the Option 2 February 
meetings then I have to tell Larry that the PWG will be 
participating with the 1284 meetings.

Lloyd
  
To: Lloyd Young
cc: pwg%pwg.org @ interlock.lexmark.com ("pwg%pwg.org") @ SMTP 
From: jkm%underscore.com @ interlock.lexmark.com (JK Martin) @ SMTP
Date: 12/19/96 01:28:28 AM
Subject: Re: PWG> Voting for Feb. Printer Working Group Mtg.

Lloyd,

There is no need to pose a deadline with such a short fuse.
Underscore is trying to work the scheduling issue with Adobe
now, but we may not know whether this is possible until later
in the week.  In any case, Bob Herriott has offered to check
to see if Sun would be able to host the PWG meetings in
Mountain View, about 30 minutes from Campbell.

We'll let you know what we find out as soon as possible.  In
the meantime, let's dispense with this deadline stuff, at least
for the time being.  The group has voted, and that vote said
the meetings will be colocated the first week of February.

To have the Interoperability Testing (aka Bake-off) some 2 weeks
before the PWG can meet to discuss the results and plan for
the development of guidelines seems foolish.  Let's get this
thing done and over with as soon as possible with little delay.

 ...jay