Meeting called to order by Ira McDonald at 2pm US Eastern (NEW TIME) on 7 July 2015. Minutes taken by Ira McDonald.
Recording of this conference call will be archived at:
- Host on a GIT repository on Open Printing
- Prototype draft - See 'PWG News' below - Schedule - PWG Last Call to span PWG F2F in August 2015 - Beta tools - beta release of tools (OS X, Linux) on 28 August 2014 - beta release of tools (Windows) on 2 September 2014 - beta testing of tools and certification process in progress - PWG IPP Everywhere Test Tools for Self-Certification - ipptool - IPP Everywhere print protocol - Linux/Mac OS X/Windows - ippfind - IPP Everywhere Bonjour discovery - Linux/Mac OS X/Windows
- CUPS 2.1 - security updates Improves IPP Everywhere support, including a new dynamic IPP Everywhere driver. The new release also adds advanced logging on systems using ASL or journald and adds new security features to minimize exposure - security updates - Improved speed of ppdMarkDefaults for complex/large PPDs (<rdar://problem/15146999>) - The IPP backend now stops sending print data if the printer indicates the job has been aborted or canceled (<rdar://problem/17837631>) - The IPP backend now sends the job-pages-per-set attribute when printing multiple copy jobs with finishings (<rdar://problem/16792757>) - The IPP backend now updates the cupsMandatory values when the printer configuration changes (<rdar://problem/18126570>) - No longer install banner files since third-party banner filters now supply their own (STR #4518) - Added support for EXPECT-ALL directive in ipptool test files (STR #4469) - Added support for WITH-VALUE-FROM predicate in ipptool test files (STR #4470) - The scheduler no longer listens on the loopback interface unless the web interface or printer sharing are enabled (<rdar://problem/9136448>) - Added a PPD generator for IPP Everywhere printers (STR #4258) - Now install "default" versions of more configuration files (<rdar://problem/19024491>) - The cupstestppd program did not handle "maxsize(nnn)" entries in cupsFilter/cupsFilter2 values (<rdar://problem/18974858>) - The scheduler now checks the return value of rename() calls (STR #4589) - The scheduler now validates ErrorPolicy values in config files (STR #4591) - Long cookies caused the web interface to stop working (STR #4619) - Added SSLOptions values to allow Diffie-Hellman key exchange and disable TLS/1.0 support. - Updated the scheduler to support more IPP Everywhere attributes (STR #4630) - The scheduler now supports advanced ASL and journald logging when "syslog" output is configured (STR #4474) - The scheduler now supports logging to stderr when running in the foreground (STR #4505) - CUPS Filters v1.0.71 release on 2 July 2015 (Till) - texttopdf: The Page allocation is moved into textcommon.c, where it does all the necessary checking: lower-bounds for CVE-2015-3258 and upper-bounds for CVE-2015-3279 due to integer overflows for the calloc() call initialising Page and the memset() call in texttopdf.c's WritePage() function zeroing the entire array. Thanks to Tim Waugh from Red Hat for the patch. - texttopdf: Upper-bounds checking (CVE-2015-3279). - CUPS Filters v1.0.70 release on 26 June 2015 (Till) - texttopdf: Fixed buffer overflow on size allocation of texttopdf when working with extremely small line sizes, which causes the size calculation to result in 0 (CVE-2015-3258, thanks to Stefan Cornelius fro Red Hat for the patch). - cups-browsed: leak fixes - cups-browsed: Further BrowseAllow fixing - cups-browsed: BrowsePoll is an array of pointers, not structures, so allocate room for the pointers - cups-browsed: Prevent NULL dereference when handling BrowseAllow - cups-browsed: Use memory deallocation function corresponding to allocation function used - cups-browsed: Fixes for glib source handling (Red Hat bug #1228555) - foomatic-rip: Allow using another shell than /bin/bash using the "--with-shell=..." option for "./configure". Thanks to Leonardo Taccari for the patch (Bug #1288). - CUPS Filters v1.0.69 release on 10 June 2015 (Till) - cups-browsed: When generating a PPD for an auto-discovered IPP network printer, create a "ColorModel" option only if valid choices are reported for it by the IPP printer. - cups-browsed: Updated PPD file generator for auto-generated queues for IPP network printers from the CUPS 2.1.x upstream code, so that floating-point numbers are written in a locale-neutral way (CUPS STR #4579). - cups-browsed: When checking whether a queue name already exists as a locally defined queue, do case-insensitive comparing as for CUPS printer names are case-insensitive. This assures that already existing queues do never get overwritten. - cups-browsed: Added "IPPPrinterQueueType Auto/PPD/NoPPD" directive to cups-browsed.conf to allow controlling how cups-browsed creates queues fr native IPP network printers: with PPD, with System V interface script, or selecting automatically. - pdftopdf: Center Landscape-oriented jobs correctly on the page if the "fitplot" or "number-up" options are used (Bug #1284). - pstopdf: Removed "-dUseCIEColor" from the Ghostscript command line. In modern Ghostscript versions (9.11 and newer) it is recommended to not use it with the pdfwrite and ps2write output devices any more. - imagetopdf: Corrections in PDF output: Let evince display the PDF with the correct size including margins and let ghostscript not complain about an invalid xref entry. - cups-browsed: Do not add options to the System V interface script which calls sys5ippprinter but set the options as defaults for the CUPS queue in printers.conf. - cups-browsed: When auto-generating a PPD-less print queue for an IPP network printer, determine default page size, unprintable margins, and color space from the printer via an IPP request. - imagetopdf: Debug logging should be only controlled by the LogLevel of CUPS, not by an awkward build time switch. - cups-browsed: Determine from the TXT records of the Bonjour broadcast of an IPP network printer whether it has color and duplex capabilities and if yes, let auto-generated PPD-less print queues use appropriate command line options to make use of these capabilities. - imagetopdf: Make this filter also work with auto-generated PPD-less print queues for IPP network printers. - sys5ippprinter: Renamed pdftoippprinter to reflect that it is once a System 5 interface script and second does not accept only PDF as input. - pdftoippprinter: Support also PWG Raster and JPEG as input formats so that an auto-generated, PPD-less queue for an IPP printer emulates an IPP Everywhere printer.
- GSoC did not accept Linux Foundation as a mentor for 2015 - many *new* organizations were accepted instead - OP should consider soon GSoC 2016 projects
- PWG in Camas, WA (Sharp host) - 11-12 August 2015 - http://www.pwg.org/chair/meeting-info/august_2015_camas.html - IPP Shared Infrastructure Extensions (INFRA) - PWG Approved! - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-ippinfra10-20150619-5100.18 - PWG Formal Vote started 05/05/15 - ended on 06/19/15 - PWG Candidate Standard 5100.18 - posted 0n 06/26/15 - IETF IPP over HTTPS and 'ipps' URI Scheme - RFC 7472 - REQUIRED for IPP Everywhere - Sponsored as IETF standards-track spec by Barry Leiba (Apps AD) - https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7472 - IETF standards-track published on 5 March 2015 - IETF LDAP Printer Schema - Stable draft - RECOMMENDED for IPP Everywhere - Sponsored as IETF Informational spec by Nevil Brownlee (RFC Editor) - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/ draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-13-20150430.pdf - Stable draft - edits w/ RFC Editor on 06/14/15 - AUTH48 complete - RFC Editor Queue - IETF and IANA approved - to be RFC 7612 - IETF IPP/1.1 Updates (Mike/Ira) - https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sweet-rfc2910bis-04.txt - http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-02.txt - changes for IETF Standard - Reviewed by IPP WG on 06/15/15 - waiting for update by Mike - PWG IPP/2.0, 2.1, 2.2 Updates (Mike/Ira) - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20150611-rev.pdf - changes for IEEE Standard - Reviewed by IPP WG on 06/15/15 - waiting for update by Mike - IPP System Service (SYSTEM) - Interim draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20150428-rev.pdf - PWG F2F review on 04/29/15 - Need to add - Resource operations (from PWG 5108.03-2009) - Register/Deregister operations (for Cloud Model and IPP INFRA) - Get-Printer-Attributes (redirect to default IPP Printer) - Create/Delete-Service (w/ TBD service template) - Subscription/Notification operations (from IETF RFC 3995) - Schedule - PWG Last Call in Q3/Q4 2015 - IPP Everywhere Self-Certification - Prototype draft - REQUIRED for PWG IPP Everywhere Logo usage - REQUIRED for Mopria Alliance - REQUIRED for WiFi Direct Print Service - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/ wd-ippeveselfcert10-20150415-rev.pdf - HP prototype reports on 01/08/15 and 01/14/15 - PWG F2F review on 04/29/15 - Schedule - PWG Last Call to span PWG F2F in August 2015 - IPP Implementor's Guide v2.0 (IG) (Smith Kennedy) - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippig20-20150708-rev.pdf - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/lcrc-ippig20-r2.txt - PWG Last Call started 03/31/15 - ended 05/22/15 - Schedule - PWG Formal Vote Q3 2015 - HCD Health Assessment TNC Binding - Prototype draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-idstnc10-20150615-rev.pdf - PWG F2F review on 05/01/15 - IDS WG review on 06/15/15 - Planned prototype by HSR in Switzerland w/ strongSwan TNC stack - Schedule - PWG Last Call in Q3/Q4 2015
- PWG in Camas, WA (Sharp host) - 11-12 August 2015 - http://www.pwg.org/chair/meeting-info/august_2015_camas.html - Trusted Computing Group in Montreal, Canada - 19-23 October 2015 - http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/ - PWG in Lexington, KY (Lexmark host) - 3-5 November 2015 - http://www.pwg.org/chair/meeting-info/meetings.html
Open Action Items
Next OP US/Europe/Brazil Conference Calls
- NOTE - new time - one hour later! - NOTE - PWG in Camas, WA (Sharp host) - 11-12 August 2015 - Tuesday 4 August 2015, Daytime - US 11am in San Francisco - US PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) 12pm in Colorado - US MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) 1pm in Chicago - US CDT (Central Daylight Time) 2pm in New York - US EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) - Europe 8pm in Berlin - CEST (Central Europe Summer Time) - Brazil 3pm in Belo Horizonte - BRT (Brasilia Time) US: +1 559-546-1301 Germany: +49 (0) 221 98203421 Brazil: +55 61 4040-4460 Japan: +81 (0) 3-5050-5070 Participant Access Code: 622393# (note that local numbers for many other countries are available, also cellphone apps, VOIP support, etc. - please email Till for details)
- NOTE - new time - one hour later! - NOTE - US Labor Day Holiday - 7 September - Tuesday 1 September 2015, Daytime - US 11am in San Francisco - US PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) 12pm in Colorado - US MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) 1pm in Chicago - US CDT (Central Daylight Time) 2pm in New York - US EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) - Europe 8pm in Berlin - CEST (Central Europe Summer Time) - Brazil 3pm in Belo Horizonte - BRT (Brasilia Time) US: +1 559-546-1301 Germany: +49 (0) 221 98203421 Brazil: +55 61 4040-4460 Japan: +81 (0) 3-5050-5070 Participant Access Code: 622393# (note that local numbers for many other countries are available, also cellphone apps, VOIP support, etc. - please email Till for details)