Meeting called to order by Ira McDonald at 2pm US Eastern (NEW TIME) on 9 June 2015. Minutes taken by Ira McDonald.
Recording of this conference call will be archived at:
- Prototype draft - See 'PWG News' below - Schedule - PWG Last Call to span PWG F2F in August 2015 - Beta tools - beta release of tools (OS X, Linux) on 28 August 2014 - beta release of tools (Windows) on 2 September 2014 - beta testing of tools and certification process in progress - PWG IPP Everywhere Test Tools for Self-Certification - ipptool - IPP Everywhere print protocol - Linux/Mac OS X/Windows - ippfind - IPP Everywhere Bonjour discovery - Linux/Mac OS X/Windows
- CUPS 2.0.3 - security updates - Security: Fixed CERT VU #810572/CVE-2015-1158/CVE-2015-1159 exploiting the dynamic linker (STR #4609) - Security: The scheduler could hang with malformed gzip data (STR #4602) - Restored missing generic printer icon file (STR #4587) - Fixed logging of configuration errors to show up as errors (STR #4582) - Fixed potential buffer overflows in raster code and filters (STR #4598, STR #4599, STR #4600, STR #4601) - Fixed <Limit> inside <Location> (STR #4575) - Fixed lpadmin when both -m and -o are used (STR #4578) - The web interface always showed support for 2-sided printing (STR #4595) - cupsRasterReadHeader did not fully validate the raster header (STR #4596) - The rastertopwg filter did not check for truncated input (STR #4597) - The cups-lpd mini-daemon did not check for request parameters (STR #4603) - The scheduler could get caught in a busy loop (STR #4605) - The sample Epson driver could crash (STR #4616) - The IPP backend now correctly monitors jobs (<rdar://problem/20495955>) - The ppdhtml and ppdpo utilities crashed when the -D option was used before a driver information file (STR #4627) - ippfind incorrectly substituted "=port" for service_port. - The IPP/1.1 test file did not handle the initial print job completing early (STR #4576) - Fixed a memory leak in cupsConnectDest (STR #4634) - PWG Raster Format output contained invalid ImageBox values (<rdar://problem/21144309>) - Added Russian translation (STR #4577) - Added German translation (STR #4635) - CUPS Filters v1.0.69 release - near future (Till) - cups-browsed: When generating a PPD for an auto-discovered IPP network printer, create a "ColorModel" option only if valid choices are reported for it by the IPP printer. - cups-browsed: Updated PPD file generator for auto-generated queues for IPP network printers from the CUPS 2.1.x upstream code, so that floating-point numbers are written in a locale-neutral way (CUPS STR #4579). - cups-browsed: When checking whether a queue name already exists as a locally defined queue, do case-insensitive comparing as for CUPS printer names are case-insensitive. This assures that already existing queues do never get overwritten. - cups-browsed: Added "IPPPrinterQueueType Auto/PPD/NoPPD" directive to cups-browsed.conf to allow controlling how cups-browsed creates queues fr native IPP network printers: with PPD, with System V interface script, or selecting automatically. - pdftopdf: Center Landscape-oriented jobs correctly on the page if the "fitplot" or "number-up" options are used (Bug #1284). - pstopdf: Removed "-dUseCIEColor" from the Ghostscript command line. In modern Ghostscript versions (9.11 and newer) it is recommended to not use it with the pdfwrite and ps2write output devices any more. - imagetopdf: Corrections in PDF output: Let evince display the PDF with the correct size including margins and let ghostscript not complain about an invalid xref entry. - cups-browsed: Do not add options to the System V interface script which calls sys5ippprinter but set the options as defaults for the CUPS queue in printers.conf. - cups-browsed: When auto-generating a PPD-less print queue for an IPP network printer, determine default page size, unprintable margins, and color space from the printer via an IPP request. - imagetopdf: Debug logging should be only controlled by the LogLevel of CUPS, not by an awkward build time switch. - cups-browsed: Determine from the TXT records of the Bonjour broadcast of an IPP network printer whether it has color and duplex capabilities and if yes, let auto-generated PPD-less print queues use appropriate command line options to make use of these capabilities. - imagetopdf: Make this filter also work with auto-generated PPD-less print queues for IPP network printers. - sys5ippprinter: Renamed pdftoippprinter to reflect that it is once a System 5 interface script and second does not accept only PDF as input. - pdftoippprinter: Support also PWG Raster and JPEG as input formats so that an auto-generated, PPD-less queue for an IPP printer emulates an IPP Everywhere printer. - CUPS Filters v1.0.68 release on 13 April 2015 (Till) - cups-browsed: Numeric IDs for GSources of the glib event loop must be positive integers greater than zero according to the documentation of the g_source_get_id() function. Taken care of this at all places. - cups-browsed: Added conditionals so that it also builds with CUPS 1.5.x (but then withou support for automatically creating queues for IPP network printers). Thanks to Johannes Meixner from SUSE for the patch (Bug #1268). - Ricoh-PDF_Printer-PDF.ppd: Added PPD file for Ricoh's PDF printers (experimental). Thanks to Ulrich Wehner from Ricoh for the file.
- GSoC did not accept Linux Foundation as a mentor for 2015 - many *new* organizations were accepted instead - OP should consider soon GSoC 2016 projects
- Joint PWG/OPS in Sunnyvale, CA (Apple host) - 28 April to 1 May 2015 - http://www.pwg.org/chair/meeting-info/april_2015_sunnyvale.html - IETF IPP over HTTPS and 'ipps' URI Scheme - RFC 7472 - REQUIRED for IPP Everywhere - Sponsored as IETF standards-track spec by Barry Leiba (Apps AD) - https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7472 - IETF standards-track published on 5 March 2015 - IETF LDAP Printer Schema - Stable draft - RECOMMENDED for IPP Everywhere - Sponsored as IETF Informational spec by Nevil Brownlee (RFC Editor) - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/ draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-13-20150430.pdf - RFC Editor Queue - IETF and IANA approved - IPP Shared Infrastructure Extensions (INFRA) - Stable draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippinfra10-20150504-rev.pdf - Stable draft - Apple prototype report on 11/04/14 - PWG Formal Vote - ends on 06/19/15 - IPP System Service (SYSTEM) - Interim draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20150428-rev.pdf - PWG F2F review on 04/29/15 - Need to add - Resource operations (from PWG 5108.03-2009) - Register/Deregister operations (for Cloud Model and IPP INFRA) - Get-Printer-Attributes (redirect to default IPP Printer) - Create/Delete-Service (w/ TBD service template) - Subscription/Notification operations (from IETF RFC 3995) - Schedule - PWG Last Call in Q3/Q4 2015 - IPP Everywhere Self-Certification - Prototype draft - REQUIRED for PWG IPP Everywhere Logo usage - REQUIRED for Mopria Alliance - REQUIRED for WiFi Direct Print Service - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/ wd-ippeveselfcert10-20150415-rev.pdf - HP prototype reports on 01/08/15 and 01/14/15 - PWG F2F review on 04/29/15 - Schedule - PWG Last Call to span PWG F2F in August 2015 - IPP Implementors Guide v2.0 (Best Practices) - Prototype draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippig20-20150303-rev.pdf - PWG F2F review on 04/28/15 - PWG Last Call - ended on 22 May 2015 - IPP WG review on 06/01/15 - Schedule - PWG Formal Vote in Q2/Q3 2015 - HCD Health Assessment TNC Binding - Prototype draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-idstnc10-20150608-rev.pdf - PWG F2F review on 05/01/15 - IDS WG review on 06/01/15 - Schedule - PWG Last Call in Q3/Q4 2015
- Trusted Computing Group in Edinburgh, Scotland - 15-19 June 2015 - http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/ - PWG in Camas, WA (Sharp host) - 11-12 August 2015 - http://www.pwg.org/chair/meeting-info/august_2015_camas.html
Open Action Items
Next OP US/Europe/Brazil Conference Calls
- NOTE - new time - one hour later! - Tuesday 7 July 2015, Daytime - US 11am in San Francisco - US PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) 12pm in Colorado - US MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) 1pm in Chicago - US CDT (Central Daylight Time) 2pm in New York - US EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) - Europe 8pm in Berlin - CEST (Central Europe Summer Time) - Brazil 3pm in Belo Horizonte - BRT (Brasilia Time) US: +1 559-546-1301 Germany: +49 (0) 221 98203421 Brazil: +55 61 4040-4460 Japan: +81 (0) 3-5050-5070 Participant Access Code: 622393# (note that local numbers for many other countries are available, also cellphone apps, VOIP support, etc. - please email Till for details)
- NOTE - new time - one hour later! - PWG in Camas, WA (Sharp host) - 11-12 August 2015 - Tuesday 4 August 2015, Daytime - US 11am in San Francisco - US PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) 12pm in Colorado - US MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) 1pm in Chicago - US CDT (Central Daylight Time) 2pm in New York - US EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) - Europe 8pm in Berlin - CEST (Central Europe Summer Time) - Brazil 3pm in Belo Horizonte - BRT (Brasilia Time) US: +1 559-546-1301 Germany: +49 (0) 221 98203421 Brazil: +55 61 4040-4460 Japan: +81 (0) 3-5050-5070 Participant Access Code: 622393# (note that local numbers for many other countries are available, also cellphone apps, VOIP support, etc. - please email Till for details)