Meeting called to order by Ira McDonald at 1pm US Eastern 12 May 2015. Minutes taken by Ira McDonald.
Recording of this conference call will be archived at:
- Till moved permanently to Brazil in later March - Belo Horizonte, third largest city in Brazil - capital of the state of Minas Gerais - city where Till's wife was born - Till and Ira attended OP Summit at Apple in person this year - Till has gotten 10-year US visa for travel to OP Summit - hooray! - Ubuntu Vivid Vervet (15.04) - 24 April 2015 - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/vivid - Linux Kernel 3.19 - Printing - CUPS 2.0.2 - first CUPS 2.0 release of Ubuntu - cups-filters 1.0.68 - ghostscript 9.15 - system-config-printer 1.5.5 - Ubuntu Willy (15.10) - late October 2015 - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WilyWerewolf - Feature Freeze 2 months before release, Final Freeze 1 week before release. - Linux Kernel TBD - Printing - CUPS 2.1 maybe - if available by August - ghostscript 9.16 - cups-filters TBD version - system-config-printer TBD version (releases every two months) - Ubuntu - next LTS (Long-Term Support) - late April 2016 - Feature Freeze 2 months before release, Final Freeze 1 week before release. - Other printing news (Till) - I have tested how well a CUPS queue on Ubuntu 15.04 does as an IPP Everywhere printer. For that I have run the PWG self certification scripts on it. There are several issues with the Bonjour and IPP answers from the CUPS queue, but print jobs in JPG, PDF, and PWG Raster come out mostly correctly (only a color image with the "print-colormode= monochrome" option set comes still out in color). - https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4630 (bug report)
- Joint PWG/OPS in Sunnyvale, CA (Apple host) - 28 April to 1 May 2015 - OPS topics all scheduled on Tuesday 28 April - light breakfast and lunch served all four days - Agenda and Summary - Tuesday AM - PWG Plenary (Mike Sweet / WG chairs) - status / liaison reports - 3D Printing BOF (Mike Sweet) - IPP 3D Printing Extensions - Tuesday PM - OP Plenary (Ira / Till) - status / details / challenges - CUPS Plenary (Mike Sweet) - CUPS 2.0 release / CUPS 2.1 plans - Ghostscript/MuPDF (Michael Vrhel) - 2015 updates / Ghostview - Printing in Enterprises (Aveek Basu) - Lexmark Linux / challenges - Security & Scalability of Cloud Print (Steve King) - university - Wednesday AM - SM WG (Ira / Rainer Prosi) - JDFMAP (to PWG Print Job Ticket) - Cloud WG (Bill Wagner) - Cloud Imaging Model (from PWG Last Call) - Wednesday PM - SM WG (Bill Wagner) - Cloud, IDS Security Ticket, Notifications - SM WG (Daniel Manchala / Bill Wagner) - Imaging Job Ticket - IPP WG (Mike Sweet) - IPP Shared Infra Ext (from PWG Last Call) - IPP WG (Smith Kennedy) - IPP Implementor's Guide v2 (in Last Call) - Thursday AM - IPP WG (Ira / Mike Sweet) - IPP System / resources / operations - IPP WG ((Mike Sweet) - IPP Self-Certification (Prototype draft) - Thursday PM - IPP WG (Mike Sweet) - IETF IPP/1.1 to full IETF Standard - IPP WG (Mike Sweet) - PWG IPP/2.0 to full IEEE Standard - IPP WG (Mike Sweet, Smith Kennedy) - proposals / next steps - Friday AM - IDS WG (Brian Smithson) - MFP TC Protection Profile (US/Japan) - IDS WG (Ira) - Hardcopy Device TNC Binding (integrity reporting) - IDS WG (Smith Kennedy) - Job password policies - IDS WG (Joe Murdock) - IDS Model (roles, access, security ticket) - IDS WG (Joe Murdock) - IDS ID / Authentication / Authorization
- Prototype draft - See 'PWG News' below - Schedule - PWG Last Call to span PWG F2F in Augusty 2015 - Beta tools - beta release of tools (OS X, Linux) on 28 August 2014 - beta release of tools (Windows) on 2 September 2014 - beta testing of tools and certification process in progress - PWG IPP Everywhere Test Tools for Self-Certification - ipptool - IPP Everywhere print protocol - Linux/Mac OS X/Windows - ippfind - IPP Everywhere Bonjour discovery - Linux/Mac OS X/Windows
- CUPS Filters v1.0.68 release on 13 April 2015 (Till) - cups-browsed: Numeric IDs for GSources of the glib event loop must be positive integers greater than zero according to the documentation of the g_source_get_id() function. Taken care of this at all places. - cups-browsed: Added conditionals so that it also builds with CUPS 1.5.x (but then withou support for automatically creating queues for IPP network printers). Thanks to Johannes Meixner from SUSE for the patch (Bug #1268). - Ricoh-PDF_Printer-PDF.ppd: Added PPD file for Ricoh's PDF printers (experimental). Thanks to Ulrich Wehner from Ricoh for the file.
- GSoC did not accept Linux Foundation as a mentor for 2015 - many *new* organizations were accepted instead - OP should consider soon GSoC 2016 projects
- Joint PWG/OPS in Sunnyvale, CA (Apple host) - 28 April to 1 May 2015 - http://www.pwg.org/chair/meeting-info/april_2015_sunnyvale.html - IETF IPP over HTTPS and 'ipps' URI Scheme - RFC 7472 - REQUIRED for IPP Everywhere - Sponsored as IETF standards-track spec by Barry Leiba (Apps AD) - https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7472 - IETF standards-track published on 5 March 2015 - IETF LDAP Printer Schema - Stable draft - RECOMMENDED for IPP Everywhere - Sponsored as IETF Informational spec by Nevil Brownlee (RFC Editor) - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/ draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-13-20150430.pdf - RFC Editor Queue - IETF and IANA approved - IPP Shared Infrastructure Extensions (INFRA) - Stable draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippinfra10-20150504-rev.pdf - Stable draft - Apple prototype report on 11/04/14 - PWG Formal Vote - ends on 06/19/15 - IPP System Service (SYSTEM) - Interim draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20150428-rev.pdf - PWG F2F review on 04/29/15 - Need to add - Resource operations (from PWG 5108.03-2009) - Register/Deregister operations (for Cloud Model and IPP INFRA) - Get-Printer-Attributes (redirect to default IPP Printer) - Create/Delete-Service (w/ TBD service template) - Subscription/Notification operations (from IETF RFC 3995) - Schedule - PWG Last Call in Q3/Q4 2015 - IPP Everywhere Self-Certification - Prototype draft - REQUIRED for PWG IPP Everywhere Logo usage - REQUIRED for Mopria Alliance - REQUIRED for WiFi Direct Print Service - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/ wd-ippeveselfcert10-20150415-rev.pdf - HP prototype reports on 01/08/15 and 01/14/15 - PWG F2F review on 04/29/15 - Schedule - PWG Last Call to span PWG F2F in August 2015 - IPP Implementors Guide v2.0 (Best Practices) - Prototype draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippig20-20150303-rev.pdf - PWG F2F review on 04/28/15 - PWG Last Call - ends on 22 May 2015 - Schedule - PWG Formal Vote in Q2 2015 - HCD Health Assessment TNC Binding - Prototype draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-idstnc10-20150419-rev.pdf - PWG F2F review on 05/01/15 - Schedule - PWG Last Call in Q3/Q4 2015
- Trusted Computing Group in Edinburgh, Scotland - 15-19 June 2015 - http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/ - PWG in Camas, WA (Sharp host) - 11-13 August 2015 - http://www.pwg.org/chair/meeting-info/meetings.html
Open Action Items
Next OP US/Europe/Brazil Conference Calls
- NOTE - new time - one hour later! - Tuesday 9 June 2015, Daytime - US 11am in San Francisco - US PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) 12pm in Colorado - US MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) 1pm in Chicago - US CDT (Central Daylight Time) 2pm in New York - US EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) - Europe 8pm in Berlin - CEST (Central Europe Summer Time) - Brazil 3pm in Belo Horizonte - BRT (Brasilia Time) US: +1 559-546-1301 Germany: +49 (0) 221 98203421 Brazil: +55 61 4040-4460 Japan: +81 (0) 3-5050-5070 Participant Access Code: 622393# (note that local numbers for many other countries are available, also cellphone apps, VOIP support, etc. - please email Till for details)
- NOTE - new time - one hour later! - Tuesday 7 July 2015, Daytime - US 11am in San Francisco - US PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) 12pm in Colorado - US MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) 1pm in Chicago - US CDT (Central Daylight Time) 2pm in New York - US EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) - Europe 8pm in Berlin - CEST (Central Europe Summer Time) - Brazil 3pm in Belo Horizonte - BRT (Brasilia Time) US: +1 559-546-1301 Germany: +49 (0) 221 98203421 Brazil: +55 61 4040-4460 Japan: +81 (0) 3-5050-5070 Participant Access Code: 622393# (note that local numbers for many other countries are available, also cellphone apps, VOIP support, etc. - please email Till for details)