Meeting called to order by Ira McDonald at 1pm US Eastern 10 March 2015. Minutes taken by Ira McDonald.
Recording of this conference call will be archived at:
- Till is moving permanently to Brazil in later March - Belo Horizonte, third largest city in Brazil - capital of the state of Minas Gerais - city where Till's wife was born - Till will attend OP Summit in person this year - Till has gotten 10-year US visa for travel to OP Summit, etc. - Ubuntu Vivid (15.04) and Debian Experimental - Ubuntu Vivid feature freeze on Thursday 19 February 2015 - Switched to CUPS 2.0.2 - CUPS 2.0.2 - cups-filters 1.0.67 - ghostscript 9.15 - system-config-printer 1.5.5
- Joint PWG/OPS in Sunnyvale, CA (Apple host) - 28 April to 1 May 2015 - OPS topics all scheduled on Tuesday 28 April - light breakfast and lunch served all four days - Invitations to OPS Speakers (Till) - Till sent invitations to key speakers in early January - Ira sent requests for speaker confirmations in mid-MarchACTION: Ira and Till followup with speakers for topics/slides
- Prototype draft - See 'PWG News' below - Schedule - PWG Last Call to span PWG F2F in April/May 2015 - Beta tools - beta release of tools (OS X, Linux) on 28 August 2014 - beta release of tools (Windows) on 2 September 2014 - beta testing of tools and certification process in progress - Schedule - PWG Last Call Q1 2015 - PWG IPP Everywhere Test Tools for Self-Certification - ipptool - IPP Everywhere print protocol - Linux/Mac OS X/Windows - ippfind - IPP Everywhere Bonjour discovery - Linux/Mac OS X/Windows
- CUPS Filters v1.0.67 release on 11 March 2015 (Till) - cups-browsed: Use g_source_remove() instead of g_source_destroy() for killing auto shutdown timers (Ubuntu bug #1427344). - CUPS Filters v1.0.66 release on 27 February 2015 (Till) - cups-browsed: SECURITY FIX: Fixed a bug in the remove_bad_chars() failing to reliably filter out illegal characters if there are two or more subsequent illegal characters, allowing execution of arbitrary commands with the rights of the "lp" user, using forged print service announcements on DNS-SD servers (Bug #1265). - pdftoopvp: Added conditionals to also build with Poppler 0.31.0 and newer. Thanks to Armin K. (krejzi at email dot com) for the patch (Bug #1254).
- GSoC did not accept Linux Foundation as a mentor for 2015 - many *new* organizations were accepted instead
- Joint PWG/OPS in Sunnyvale, CA (Apple host) - 28 April to 1 May 2015 - http://www.pwg.org/chair/meeting-info/april_2015_sunnyvale.html - IETF IPP over HTTPS and 'ipps' URI Scheme - RFC 7472 - REQUIRED for IPP Everywhere - Sponsored as IETF standards-track spec by Barry Leiba (Apps AD) - https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7472 - IETF standards-track published on 5 March 2015 - IETF LDAP Printer Schema - Stable draft - RECOMMENDED for IPP Everywhere - Sponsored as IETF Informational spec by Nevil Brownlee (RFC Editor) - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/ draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-10-20150129.pdf - Stable draft - updated per IANA (Alexey M) comments on 12/16/14 - Wait for IANA Considerations update by Ira and Pat on 02/18/15 - Wait for new IETF LDAP Designated Expert for review - RFC Editor Independent Stream - IPP Shared Infrastructure Extensions (INFRA) - Stable draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippinfra10-20141118.pdf - Stable draft - Apple prototype report on 11/04/14 - PWG Last Call ended on 03/09/15 - Schedule - PWG Formal Vote Q2 2015 - waiting for update by Mike - IPP System Service (SYSTEM) - Interim draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20141102-rev.pdf - PWG F2F review on 11/04/14 - IPP WG reviews on 11/17/14, 01/19/15, 02/03/15 - Need to add - Resource Service operations (from PWG 5108.03-2009) - Register/Deregister-System (for Cloud Model and IPP INFRA) - Get-Printer-Attributes (redirect to default IPP Printer) - Create/Delete-Service (w/ TBD service template) - Schedule - PWG Last Call in Q3/Q4 2015 - waiting for update by Ira - IPP Everywhere Self-Certification - Prototype draft - REQUIRED for PWG IPP Everywhere Logo usage - REQUIRED for Mopria Alliance - REQUIRED for WiFi Direct Print Service - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/ wd-ippeveselfcert10-20140826-rev.pdf - HP prototype reports on 01/08/15 and 01/14/15 - PWG F2F review on 02/04/15 - IPP WG review on 01/19/15 - Schedule - PWG Last Call to span PWG F2F in April/May 2015 - IPP Implementors Guide v2.0 (Best Practices) - Prototype draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippig20-20150303-rev.pdf - PWG F2F review on 02/04/15 - IPP WG review on 03/02/15 - completed all sections - IPP WG last call ends on 03/20/15 - Schedule - PWG Last Call to span PWG F2F in April/May 2015 - HCD Health Assessment TNC Binding - Prototype draft - http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-idstnc10-20140508-rev.pdf - PWG status on 02/05/14 - needs batch/component for each attribute - Waiting for update by Ira to align w/ PB-TNC (RFC 5793) - Schedule - PWG Last Call in Q3/Q4 2015
- Joint PWG/OPS in Sunnyvale, CA (Apple host) - 28 April to 1 May 2015 - http://www.pwg.org/chair/meeting-info/april_2015_sunnyvale.html - Trusted Computing Group in Edinburgh, Scotland - 15-19 June 2015 - http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/
Open Action Items
Next OP US/Europe/Brazil Conference Calls
- Note - US Daylight Savings Time started 8 March 2015 - Note - Europe Summer Time started 29 March 2015 - Note - Brazil Summer Time ended 22 February 2015 - Tuesday 7 April 2015, Daytime - US 10am in San Francisco - US PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) 11am in Colorado - US MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) 12pm in Chicago - US CDT (Central Daylight Time) 1pm in New York - US EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) - Europe 7pm in Berlin - CEST (Central Europe Summer Time) - Brazil 2pm in Belo Horizonte - BRT (Brasilia Time) * Main Number (Till Kamppeter, LF, leader) International: +1-619-326-2730 (new number) Access Code: 491659#
- Note - skip week after joint PWG/OP Summit for travel - Tuesday 12 May 2015, Daytime - US 10am in San Francisco - US PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) 11am in Colorado - US MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) 12pm in Chicago - US CDT (Central Daylight Time) 1pm in New York - US EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) - Europe 7pm in Berlin - CEST (Central Europe Summer Time) - Brazil 2pm in Belo Horizonte - BRT (Brasilia Time) * Main Number (Till Kamppeter, LF, leader) International: +1-619-326-2730 (new number) Access Code: 491659#